You can start your mornings off with not only a delicious Breakfast Sandwich but also a healthy one! It’s this week’s Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week – Breakfast Sausage and Egg Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwiches. Made with Wild Idea Breakfast Sausage. Add some eggs, cheese, and the Buttermilk Biscuit and you are set! Another delicious Buffalo recipe from Jill O’Brien of Wild Idea Buffalo. You can find this recipe along with all the other delicious recipes and order any of the Wild Idea Buffalo Meats from the Wild Idea Buffalo website! Enjoy and Eat Healthy! http://wildideabuffalo.com/
Breakfast Sausage and Egg Buttermilk Biscuit Sandwiches
My mothers buttermilk biscuits, made with fresh, homemade buttermilk, were a family favorite. What makes them even better is Wild Idea's Buffalo Breakfast Sausage, a farm fresh egg, and cheddar cheese! You will have not only a tasty sandwich, but the energy to start your day. These are great for kids of all ages, and for when you are on the go!
1 – pound Wild Idea Breakfast Sausage
4 – ounces cheese, slice
4 – farm fresh or organic eggs
4 – buttermilk biscuits
salt & pepper
1) Portion out Wild Idea Buffalo Breakfast Sausage into four patties.
2) Brush sauté pan with a little oil, over medium heat, and place patties into heated pan. Cook for about 4 minutes on each side. During the last two minutes of cooking, add the cheese slices and cover the pan to melt cheese.
3) While sausage is cooking, heat remaining oil in sauté pan, over medium heat and add your eggs. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and cook until the yolk is medium, about 4 minutes. This will make for a soft, but not runny or hard yolk.
4) To assemble, butter the warm biscuits with butter, top with cheesy sausage patty and egg.
Buttermilk Biscuits (makes about 12 biscuits, but is determined by size of biscuit cutter)
Terrific warm with butter & jam!
2 – cups unbleached flour
4 – teaspoons baking powder
½ - teaspoon salt
½ - cup butter, chilled, sliced
1 – dollop real mayonnaise
½ - cup buttermilk
1) In mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
2) Cut in the butter, until mixture is course crumbles.
3) Add the mayonnaise and the buttermilk and mix until just incorporated.
4) Place dough on lightly floured surface and knead, about 20 times.
5) Roll out to 1” thick and cut with biscuit cutter, pressing down, but not twisting.
6) Bake at 450°, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.