Sunday, November 6, 2016

Cincinnati Style 4 Way – Spaghetti, 3 Bean Turkey Chili, and Cheese

Dinner Tonight: Cincinnati Style 4 Way – Spaghetti, 3 Bean Turkey Chili, and Cheese




For Breakfast on this Sunday Morning I prepared Skillet Potatoes and Ham for Breakfast. I used 1
package of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes and a package of Meijer Diced Ham to prepare it. Just cook the Potatoes according to the package instructions and with about 5 minutes of cooking time left add the Diced Ham. I topped everything with a  sprinkle of Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar. After Breakfast I headed to Walmart, we needed a bigger plant bowl for one of the plants. Back home did my morning out and then grabbed a shower. After Lunch I got the leaf blower out of the shed and got the daily leaves cleaned up from the deck and driveway. I had everything done for the day and settled back and watched NFL Football the rest of the afternoon. For Dinner tonight its a Cincinnati Style 4 Way – Spaghetti, 3 Bean Turkey Chili, and Cheese.





Usually when making a Cincinnati Style 4 Way I’m using Skyline Chili or Hormel Turkey Chili w/ Beans as my Chili, which all make a delicious Cincinnati Style 4 Way. But when I have some made I love using 3 Bean Turkey Chili to make a Cincinnati Style 4 Way. I had made the Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili a while back and had a container in the freezer. I sat the container in the fridge to thaw overnight. I reheated it in a small sauce pan on medium heat. When heated it removed it from the heat and put a lid on the pan and set it aside.




For the Spaghetti I’ll be using my regular Pasta, the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Spaghetti. The Spaghetti is 180 calories and 34 net carbs, which isn’t too bad for Pasta. While at Meijer the other day I picked a few boxes of different Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pastas, one being Spaghetti. Meijer is the only store where I can find all the Healthy Harvest Pasta Products anymore. Easy to prepare; Using a large sauce pot half way filled with water. Salted the Water and brought it to a boil and added the Spaghetti. Boiled it for 11 minutes; drained and served.




For the Cheese I’m using Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar. To serve I used a bowl and
made a bed of Spaghetti, topped it with the 3 Bean Buffalo Chili, and topped everything with Sargento Cheese. I also added a few shakes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce to the Chili as it was being heated. Some mighty fine Chili Spaghetti! Some people like adding fine diced Onions also, which would make it a 5 Way. Then for a side, one of the most important parts, Oyster Crackers! Chili Spaghetti is always served with a bowl of Oyster Crackers. I used Skyline Chili Oyster Crackers with a side of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. To properly eat an Oyster Cracker you have to put 2 or 3 drops of Hot Sauce on it! It’s a Cincinnati thing! At the end of the post I’ve left the Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili Recipe. For dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.






3 Bean Turkey Chili
Ingredients
1 lb. package Jennie – O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
2 Cans (6 oz.) Hunt’s Tomato Paste
1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s Chili Beans (Red Beans)
1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s Chili Beans ( Kidney Beans)
1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s Chili Beans (Great Northern Beans), drained and rinsed
1 Packet McCormick Chili Mix
1/2 Red Onion (medium), Chopped or Minced
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Unseeded and Chopped
4 Cloves Minced Garlic
1/2 Tsp Ground Cocoa Chili Blend (McCormick)
1/2 Tsp Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper (McCormick)
2 Tbs. Ground Roasted Cumin
2 Tsps Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbs of Cilantro Leaves
5 Dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste.
1/2 Cup of Water
Shredded Cheese, I use Grated Dutch Gouda or Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Topping)
Oyster Crackers
Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste.



Directions:
*Brown Turkey in large saucepan on medium-high heat 10 min. or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add all remaining spices and ingredients except 1 can of the tomato paste and water.

*ADD to slow cooker and add in the remaining 1 can of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water.

*COVER with lid. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (or on LOW 5 to 6 hours).

*Serve in bowl or mug with cheese and oyster crackers, A Tablespoon of fat-free sour cream, Chopped Onions, or serve with some home made cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment