Just wanted to pass along the perfect recipe for Thanksgiving, Apple Flower Tarts. You can find it at the Jennie - O website. Home of delicious recipes. Enjoy and Make the Switch! https://www.jennieo.com/
Apple Flower Tarts
This just might be the prettiest dessert you’ll ever make. Perfect for Thanksgiving with friends or a Holiday dinner party, fall flavors come together beautifully in this surprisingly easy dessert recipe.
2 medium Gala apple, cored, cut in half and thinly sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup water
6 tablespoons butter
3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
4 tablespoons turbinado sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
flour for dusting
confectioner’s sugar for dusting
1) Heat oven to 375°F.
2) Combine apple slices, lemon juice and water in microwave safe bowl and microwave (on HIGH) 3 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and lay flat on paper towels to dry.
3) In small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and cook 1 minute or until lightly browned.
4) Roll puff pastry sheet out on lightly floured surface and cut lengthwise into 4 strips; repeat with remaining sheets. Brush evenly with melted butter. In small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
5) Arrange apple slices over top half of puff pastry, slightly overlapping. Fold pastry in half over apples; roll and secure. Place in lightly greased muffin pan.
6) Bake 40 minutes. Remove from muffin pan and cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION