Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Fried Walleye Sandwich w/ Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye Sandwich w/ Baked Potato




For Breakfast this morning I prepared some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, 2 Jennie - O
Turkey Breakfast sausage Links, toasted a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread (lightly buttered), and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. A couple of showers this morning and throughout the day, had a high in the 40's. After Breakfast and my morning workout I started a couple of loads of laundry for Mom. After I started the Laundry I went to McDonald's to pick up Breakfast for Mom and Dad. Back home cleaned the house today, ran the vacuum and dusted. Dinner tonight its a Fried Walleye Sandwich w/ Baked Potato.




I had purchased a couple of Walleye Fillets at Kroger and had prepared 1 of them and had the other in
the freezer, I laid the fillet in the fridge overnight to thaw. I love Walleye we had not so couldn’t wait to have some again. I rinsed the fillet off in cold water and patted it dry with a paper towel and cut the fillet in half. Seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put the fillet in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till the fillet was well coated. I then fried it in Light Olive Oil on medium heat, about 3 to 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor. I served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun.




For a side I prepared a Baked Potato. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, topped it with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. For dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.












Walleye Nutrition Facts
1 – 6 ounce serving
Calories 148 (619 kJ) Calories from fat 17
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.9g 3%
Sat. Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 137mg 46%
Sodium 81mg 3%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 30.4g
Calcium 174.9mg

No comments:

Post a Comment