This week's Soup Special of the Day is a Black Bean, Yam, and Buffalo Andouille Stew. Made with Wild Idea Buffalo Andouilli Sausage along with Yams, Black Beans, Tomatoes, and a combination of Spices! Heat up the cool Fall days with this week's recipe! You can find this recipe at the Wild Idea Buffalo website and purchase the Wild Idea Buffalo Andouilli Sausage and all the delicious cuts of Buffalo. http://wildideabuffalo.com/
Black Bean, Yam, and Buffalo Andouille Stew
A healthy, hearty, super tasty combination that is also quick and easy to put together! Now that’s a touch down! (Makes 4 to 6 servings)
1 - tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 - onion, diced
1 - yam (about 3 cups), peeled and diced
1 - teaspoon cumin
½ - teaspoon cardamom
1 - teaspoon chili powder
3 - cups vegetable broth
1 - 10 oz. can chopped tomatoes
½ - pound Wild Idea Buffalo Andouilli Sausage
2 - cans black beans, drained & rinsed
Crumbled Feta cheese
1) In heavy stockpot, heat butter and olive oil over medium high heat.
2) Add chopped onions, yams, and spices, stirring to incorporate, and sauté for 7 minutes.
3) Add broth, stewed tomatoes, and Andouille sausage and bring to a full boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
4) Add black beans, stir to incorporate, and allow to come to full heat.
5) Ladle hot soup into bowls and garnish with crumbled feta or goat cheese! Yum!