It’s our first fall feeling day here in Ohio and I wanted good
and warm comfort food and what better than a nice
Tuna noodle casserole. Makes some great leftovers
for lunch or even a second dinner. Served with
7 Grain Harvest Bread Roll and a couple of boiled
Red Potatoes! Too good!
* 1 (8 oz) bag of Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Egg Noodles
* 1 (6 oz) can of tuna, liquid removed
* 2 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour
* 1 cup of 2% Milk
* 2 tbsp of butter (I Can't Believe it's Not Butter)
* 1 cup of Cheddar cheese (sharp), shredded
* 1 tsp of salt (this step is optional)
* 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 qt casserole dish with cooking spray. Boil your noodles in a large pot of water (salted) until “al dente”, then drain. Add butter, flour and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Blend until the butter is melted and remaining ingredients are mixed well. Then, stir in your milk. Continue until the sauce thickens (this will usually take place by the time the mixture comes to a boil). Add the cheese, and stir until melted and the mixture is blended well. Finally add the noodles and tuna and stir. Apply evenly into the casserole dish.Sprinkle lightly with shredded Cheese and Bread Crumbs on top. Bake for 30 minutes, and serve.