Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Cubed Steak Sandwich w/ Baked Waffle Fries

Dinner Tonight: Cubed Steak Sandwich w/ Baked Waffle Fries






I made a Egg beater's Egg White Omelet that I filled with my 3 Bean Buffalo Chili and Sargento
Reduced Fat Shredded Colby - Jack Cheese. I also toasted a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Shortly after that we had to take my Mom's car to mechanics. The Engine Light has come on and it's time for a Oil Change and to see what's causing the light to come on. So I followed there and brought her back home while it was being repaired. On the way back we stopped at Kroger, Mom needed a few items. Back home I didn't do a whole lot, I'm having lower back problems. If it continues to get worse I'll be making a trip to the ER or Doctors. For dinner tonight I prepared a Cubed Steak Sandwich w/ Baked Waffle Fries.
 




It's very seldom I use Beef but when I do it’s usually my favorite Cubed Steak, Meijer Beef Cubed
Steak. When I go to Meijer I always pick up a package or two. The best Cubed Steak I have ever found by far. They’re good size patties so I’m able to cut them in half and get 2 meals out 1 pattie. I had a package in the freezer so I let it thaw overnight in the fridge. I first grabbed a small sauce pan and heated up a jar of Heinz Brown Mushroom Gravy. I added some extra sliced Portabella Mushrooms to it for some extra Mushrooms. To prepare the Cubed Steak I seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper and I then dusted them in flour that I had mixed with a bit of Hungarian Paprika. Shook off the excess flour and pan fried them in Extra Virgin Oil, about 4 minutes per side. They came out delicious! Excellent flavor and very tender, especially for Cubed Steak which sometimes can be somewhat tough and stringy. Served it on toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread and topped it with some Heinz Mushroom Brown Gravy. I’ll have the other half for breakfast in the morning.




To go with Cube Steak I baked some Ore Ida Waffle Fries. I preheated the oven to 425 degrees. I
used a small baking sheet that I lined with foil and sprayed the foil with Pam Cooking Spray. The Waffle Fries are a little higher in calories than the Crinkle Fries I normally prepare, but it's good   to change it up a bit. So I lined the Fries on the baking sheet, seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, and baked them for about 17 minutes (until a light golden brown). Just  a flat out excellent Fry, as all Ore Ida Products! I had a side of Hunt’s Ketchup for dipping  the Fries and a Snapple Diet Half and Half Lemonade/Tea to drink. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar.







Cube Steak
Cube steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized by fierce pounding with a
meat tenderizer, or use of an electric tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process (called “cubing”). Many professional cooks insist that regular tenderizing mallets cause too much mashing to produce a proper cube steak, and insist on either using specialized cube steak machines, or manually applying a set of sharp-pointed rods to pierce the meat in every direction. This is the most common cut of meat used for chicken fried steak.

In Canada as well as in some parts of the United States, cube steak may be called a minute steak, because it can be cooked quickly.
Others distinguish minute steak as:
* simply referring to the cut, which is not necessarily tenderized;
* thinner than cube steak (hence does not need tenderizing);
* cut from sirloin or round, while cube steak cut is from chuck or round.
The term “minute steak” is also used in the United Kingdom, where the term “cube steak” is little known.






Ore-Ida Waffle Fries
Share the great American potato with your family. Proudly nestled on the Oregon-Idaho border, Ore-Ida potato experts have been serving locally grown taters from the heartland of potato country since 1952. Ore-Ida Waffle Fries Crispy, Waffle-Cut French Fried Potatoes are made from 100% real, fresh peeled, American grown potatoes. Ore-Ida takes great care to cut, season and freeze them in under an hour to lock in all the delicious, freshly cooked flavor. Your family deserves the highest quality because, if it’s not Grade A, it’s not Ore-Ida.


Ore-Ida Waffle Fries Crispy:
* Made from 100% Grade A real potatoes
* 0g trans fat per serving
* 150 calories per serving

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 8 pieces (89 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*

Calories 150
Calories from Fat 54
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 360mg 15%
Potassium 309.99mg 9%
Carbohydrates 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Sugars 0g
Protein 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment