Thursday, February 4, 2016

Mini Flatbread Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza

Dinner Tonight: Mini Flatbread Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza




I made one delicious Breakfast this morning! Mom and Dad even got up a bit early and had some. I used Simply Potatoes Diced Steakhouse Potatoes and a package of Meijer Diced Ham. Using a Cast Iron Skillet I started by frying the  Diced Potatoes. After about 9 minutes I then added the Diced Ham and stirred. In about 14 minutes it was ready! As the Potato/Ham was finishing I grabbed a small skillet and fried one Egg, Sunnyside Up. To serve made a bed of Potatoes and Ham and topped that with the Sunnyside Egg. Broke the Egg open and it just pulled the entire meal together! One hearty Breakfast this morning.




After Breakfast and the morning workout I went to Costco. Mom needed a few Pharmacy items and I
need a few things myself. While there I picked up several cases of canned vegetables and fruits to give to our Church, for the Free Meal Dinners they provide to people and family in need. Then I picked up a couple of boxes of Snack Varieties that I take to a local Cancer Treatment Center, for patients under going out patient Cancer Treatment. A snack tastes good while you're getting your treatment. I know, I was there myself! Then I also came across some items for my dinner the next few nights, which I'll start using tomorrow. Some Cilantro and Lime Seasoned Shrimp, Tuscan Seasoned Sliced Pork Tenderloin, and Walleye Fillets. Good day at Costco! Anyway for my dinner tonight I'm preparing a Mini Flatbread Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza.
     






While at Jungle Jim's Market yesterday I picked up a package of Kontos Pre­Grilled Mini Oval Flatbread. Never had tried it or heard of it until I came across it in the Bakery Department. It's pregrilled so it's ready to eat or reheat. What I liked about it was they were the perfect size to make mini Pizzas with, plus they're only 140 calories and 24 net carbs for a whole one (one serving)!






As I said I knew these would be perfect for Pizzas. To make the Pizzas I'll need; the Kontos Pre­Grilled Mini Oval Flatbread, Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, Johnsonville Turkey Sausage Links, Sliced Black and Green Olives, Ragu Pizza Sauce, Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Mozzarella Cheese.









To prepare it I started by preheating the oven on 400 degrees. The Johnsonville Turkey Sausage is
precooked so all I had to do was heat up in a small skillet for 5 minutes on medium heat. Removed from the heat and sliced the Links up into small bite pieces. I then got a small baking sheet and lined it with foil and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray. I then took one of the Flatbreads and brushed a very light coat of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the top of it.








Next I made my Pizza! I started by spreading 2 tablespoons of the Ragu Pizza Sauce across the top of the Flatbread. Then added the sliced Olives, Turkey sausage, Mozzarella Cheese, and topped it all with Turkey Pepperoni. Then I made a second one the same way. Laid the Flatbreads on the baking sheet and put it in the oven. I baked them for about 8 minutes, until the Cheese was melted and all items heated through.







The Flatbread provides a perfect Crust (Pizza Pie). It browned up great and had a fantastic flavor with a nice crunch! I'll have to try different toppings using the Kontos Pre­Grilled Mini Oval Flatbread. I've found a good Pizza Pie Crust! For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.











Kontos Pre­Grilled Mini Oval Flatbread

A mini oval flatbread (6”x4”) that is pre-grilled for your convenience.  Ideal for the breadbasket, may be cut into wedges or strips for dips or spreads.  ‘Hand stretched for fluffiness™’ from individual dough balls, contains no Trans Fat, and is 100% Vegetarian.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 Flatbread (48g)
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 140 Calories from Fat 22.5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 3.85%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2.5%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 220mg 9.17%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8.33%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 2g
Protein 5g
http://www.kontos.com/product/pre-grilled-mini-oval-flatbread/

No comments:

Post a Comment