Monday, February 8, 2016

Fried Walleye w/ Cut Italian Beans and Baked Fingerling Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye w/ Cut Italian Beans and Baked Fingerling Potatoes





For Breakfast I reheated a couple of Pork Tenderloin Medallions I had leftover from dinner the other
night. With the Pork I scrambled 1 medium size Egg and toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain Muffin. It was in the 40's early this morning but the temps started dropping after that, snow flurries in the late afternoon. Had to head to Home Depot, needed to buy a new faucet for the kitchen sink. It started leaking around the base. Then later in the day our local repairman come by and installed it. Another minor job that's tough to get to from a wheelchair unfortunately, just a little frustrating sometimes. So for dinner tonight I prepared a Fried Walleye w/ Cut Italian Beans and Baked Fingerling Potatoes.





While at Costco last week I just couldn't pass up the beautiful Walleye Fillets they had. So I’m
having one for dinner tonight. I rinsed them off in cold water and patted dry with paper towel. Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put them in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till all fillets were well coated. I then fried them in Canola Oil on medium heat, about 3 to 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor. Along with Crappie their my favorite Fresh Water Fish to eat.







For one side dish I heated a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. To prepare them just empty the
can into a small sauce pan and simmer until heated. I love the taste of these, just season with a bit of Sea Salt and it’s ready! I could have Beans every day and never get tired of having them.






Then for another side I prepared some Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. Started by washing the Potatoes
off in cold water. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. I had the Italian Beans and Fingerling Potatoes just the other night, so good I paired it up again for tonight's dinner! For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Low Carb Chocolate Ice Cream.



Walleye Nutrition Facts
1 - 6 ounce serving
Calories 148 (619 kJ)  Calories from fat 17
% Daily Value 1
Total Fat 1.9g 3%
Sat. Fat 0.4g 2%
Cholesterol 137mg 46%
Sodium 81mg 3%
Total Carbs. 0g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 30.4g
Calcium 174.9mg
Potassium 618.5mg




Allens Italian Cut Green Beans

Allens Italian Cut Green Beans contain fiber and are naturally free of cholesterol and saturated fats.
Diets rich in vegetables such as Allens Italian Cut Green Beans may help lower the risk of heart disease, high cholesterol and some cancers.

Allens Italian Cut Green Beans:
* Heart healthy
* Heat and serve
* Cholesterol free
* Saturated fat-free
* Kosher

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Italian Green Beans, Water, Salt.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 119 G
Servings Per Container 3.5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 30
Calories From Fat 0
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0 G 0
Saturated Fat 0 G 0
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 0 Mg 0
Sodium 300 Mg 12
Total Carbohydrate 5 G 2
Dietary Fiber 2 G 7
Sugars 1 G
Protein 1 G

No comments:

Post a Comment