Thursday, February 25, 2016

Seasoned Haddock w/ Baked Fingerling Potatoes and Golden Hominy

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Baked Fingerling Potatoes and Golden Hominy





Oh this Ohio weather! In a span of 4 days we had Sunny and 72 degrees, Thunder Storm and Heavy Rain in the 40's, Local Flooding, High Wind Alert, and this morning with Snow Flurries and 30 degrees. As they say "If you don't like weather in Ohio just wait 5 minutes it will change", and it will! But Spring isn't that far away, thankfully. For Breakfast I reheated a piece of the leftover Cubed Pork Steak (Panko Breaded) and served it on a toasted Healthy Life English Muffin.






I go to a couple of local Kroger here in the area, although I buy most of my groceries at Meijer. But Meijer doesn't carry fresh Haddock in their Seafood Dept. and Kroger does. One of the Kroger stopped carrying it, you have to special order it. But now the Kroger up the road from us carries it on a regular basis, finally! So the other day I purchased 3 Fillets of Haddock, cleaned them and cut them into smaller pieces and froze them. So I grabbed a bag and let it thaw in the fridge overnight.





To prepare them I seasoned them with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. The Zatarain’s Breading and Seasonings are my favorites. I love Haddock it cooks up so nicely and I love the flavor and how meaty it is.




Then I also Baked some Fingerling Potatoes. I actually found some other than Jungle Jim’s Market,
found them finally at the Kroger up the road from us! They come in a small bag, Melissa’s Fingerling Potato Medley. It’s a variety of 4-5 different Potatoes including Fingerling Potatoes, which I love using! To prepare them I started by washing the Potatoes off in cold water. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. Love those Potatoes! Perfect side dish for any dinner.




For another side dish I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden
Hominy. For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. There is White and Golden Hominy, my favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish! Fish, Potatoes, and Hominy makes one hearty meal! For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Chocolate Ice Cream.




 Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri

Big easy lemon squeezy. That’s the secret to an authentic Southern-style fish fry: a crispy combination of corn flour, spices and lemon juice. Just add your favorite fresh fish like trout, redfish, catfish or flounder.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.
Servings Per Container: Servings per container – 40

Zatarain's Seasoned Fish Fri Lemon Pepper
Zatarain’s Seasoned Fish Fri Lemon Pepper
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 50
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 1140mg 48%
Total Carb: 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0g 0%
Sugar: 0g

http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Lemon-Pepper-Fish-Fri.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment