Friday, February 5, 2016

Cilantro and Lime Seasoned Shrimp w/ Thin Spaghetti and Baked Italian Loaf Bread

Dinner Tonight: Cilantro and Lime Seasoned Shrimp w/ Thin Spaghetti and Baked Italian Loaf Bread





Went out to get the morning papers and it's a tad cold out there, about 18 degrees! Not very hungry this morning, just had a toasted Healthy Life English Muffin topped with Smucker's Sugarless Blackberry Jam. Went to the bank for Mom and back home. Did house cleaning today and that was about it. For dinner tonight I prepared Cilantro and Lime Seasoned Shrimp w/ Thin Spaghetti and Baked Italian Loaf Bread








To start I preheated the oven to 350 degrees.When ready I used a small baking sheet pan, lined it with foil, sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray, and laid a loaf of Pillsbury Italian Loaf Bread on it. Baked it 17 minutes, removed it from the oven, sat the loaf on a plate and set aside until ready to use.









While at Costco yesterday I picked up a package of Cilantro and Lime Seasoned Shrimp, which I'll be using for tonight's dinner. The Shrimp was about medium size, some smaller, just  the right size for Thin Spaghetti! So as my bread was baking I then started my Shrimp and Spaghetti.  To prepare the Shrimp I took a medium size skillet and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray, preheated it on medium heat. I then added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the pan. Added the Shrimp and cooked the a total of 4 minutes, 2 minutes per side. Removed the skillet from the heat and set aside.







As my Shrimp was cooking I heated a large sauce pan that I half way filled with water and added a
teaspoon of Sea Salt. As the water came to a rolling boil I added the Thin Spaghetti. Cooked for 8 minutes and drained the water and put the Spaghetti in serving bowl. I then seasoned it with Sea salt and McCormick's Italian Seasoning, tossed to season the whole bowl. To serve; made a bed of the Spaghetti in a bowl. Topped it with Shrimp and a sprinkle of fresh Shaved Parmesan Cheese. Love the dish!! I'll have to hit Costco again to buy some more of the Shrimp, seasoned jut right with the Cilantro and Lime. I served this with a slice of Italian Loaf Bread and had a Diet Peach Snapple to drink. for dessert later tonight I'm having a Del Monte No Sugar Added Peach Chunks Cup.








Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat Blend Thin Spaghetti Pasta

* Great tasting goodnessHealthy Harvest Whole Wheat Thin Spaghetti
* No cholesterol
* Yolk free
* Excellent source of fiber, whole grain

Ingredients: Durum Whole Wheat Flour & Semolina Blend, Wheat Fiber, Niacin, Iron (Ferrous Sulfate), Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid.

Directions: 1. Bring 4 quarts water To a rapid boil. 2. add pasta And stir; return To rapid boil. 3. cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 6 To 8 minutes. 4. drain well.

No comments:

Post a Comment