Monday, February 29, 2016

Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Cut Italian Beans, Whole Potatoes, and..

Dinner Tonight: Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Cut Italian Beans, Whole Potatoes, Baked Italian Loaf Bread




Went out to get the morning papers early this morning and it was really windy out and a lot cooler than it's been. For Breakfast I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin that I topped with some Smucker's Sugarless Blackberry Jam. I love the Smucker's Sugarless Jams. There's no difference in taste but fewer calories and carbs. I've even got Mom and Dad using them now. Did some cleaning around the house and took my Hoveround outside and gave it a good cleaning, it's a dust magnet under the seat and around the batteries. For dinner tonight I prepared a Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Cut Italian Beans, Whole Potatoes, and Baked Italian Loaf Bread.






While at Costco a while back I came across a package of Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions. it was a good size package with 24 slices. I kept 4 slices out and froze the remaining 20 pieces. Prepared 4 of them and they were excellent and couldn't wait to have them again! So I got a bag of 4 medallions out and let them thaw in the fridge overnight.





I started by preheating the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare them I used a Cast Iron Skillet. Sprayed it
with Pam Cooking Spray and 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heated it on medium heat. I
then lightly Salted the Pork with Sea Salt and a sprinkle of McCormick Dried Parsley. Added the Pork to the skillet and cooked it for 2 minutes a side, just started to brown. Then from the stove to the oven, love Cast Iron Skillets! I then baked them to a medium rare, 145 degrees in the center of the medallions using a meat thermometer. Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorites. The Pork was so tender and flavorful. Seasoned just right and very moist. I'll have to buy another package next visit to Costco!






Then for one side dish I heated a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. To prepare them just empty
the can into a small sauce pan and simmer until heated. I love the taste of these, just season with a bit of Sea Salt and it’s ready! I could have Beans every day and never get tired of having them.











Then for another side dish I heated up a can of Kroger Whole New Potatoes. Just heat and serve,
seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley, Parsley, and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury Italian Loaf Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Double Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.













Allens Italian Cut Green Beans

Allens Italian Cut Green Beans contain fiber and are naturally free of cholesterol and saturated fats. Diets rich in vegetables such as Allens Italian Cut Green Beans may help lower the risk of heart disease, high cholesterol and some cancers.

Allens Italian Cut Green Beans:
* Heart healthy
* Heat and serve
* Cholesterol free
* Saturated fat-free
* Kosher

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Italian Green Beans, Water, Salt.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 119 G
Servings Per Container 3.5
Amount Per Serving
Calories 30
Calories From Fat 0
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0 G 0
Saturated Fat 0 G 0
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 0 Mg 0
Sodium 300 Mg 12
Total Carbohydrate 5 G 2
Dietary Fiber 2 G 7
Sugars 1 G
Protein 1 G

2 comments: