Saturday, February 6, 2016

Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Cut Italian Beans

Dinner Tonight: Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Cut Italian Beans




Not quite as cold this morning, sunny and about 27 degrees. For Breakfast I scrambled a couple of
medium size Eggs and toasted a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. After Breakfast I helped Mom out with a couple of loads of laundry and did a little house work. About Noon or so a friend of mine came over and helped replace the hard drive on my computer. Bit of a pain, had to transfer all the files to the new hard drive and reinstall Windows. When I bought the computer it came with Windows 7 already installed so I had to purchase a Windows 7 disc to reinstall. If this happens again I think I'll just buy a new computer! Anyway long afternoon, thankfully I had help. For dinner tonight I prepared Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Cut Italian Beans.




While at Costco the other day I came across a package of Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions. it was a good size package with 24 slices. I kept 4 slices out and froze the remaining 20 pieces.












I started by preheating the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare them I used a Cast Iron Skillet. Sprayed it
with Pam Cooking Spray and 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heated it on medium heat. I then lightly Salted the Pork with Sea Salt and a sprinkle of McCormick Dried Parsley. Added the Pork to the skillet and cooked it for 2 minutes a side, just started to brown. Then from the stove to the oven, love Cast Iron Skillets! I then backed them to a medium rare, 145 degrees in the center of the medallions using a meat thermometer. Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorites and this one ranked way up the chart! The Pork was tender and flavorful. Seasoned just right and very moist. Can't wait to prepare the other pieces in the fridge!




For a side I had some Fingerling Potatoes left so I used them tonight, prepared Roasted Fingerling
Potatoes. Started by washing the Potatoes off in cold water. I then cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, Parsley, and Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a cookie sheet lined with foil I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. Still can’t figure out why it’s so hard to find Fingerling Potatoes in this area, only 1 store around here locally that sells them (Thank you Jungle Jim’s).






Then for one side dish I heated a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. To prepare them just empty
the can into a small sauce pan and simmer until heated. I love the taste of these, just season with a bit of Sea Salt and it’s ready! I could have Beans every day and never get tired of having them.








Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries

Ingredients:

Fingerling Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Kraft Reduced Fat Parmesan Grated Cheese
Directions:

1.) Thoroughly clean and scrub the potatoes.

2.) Cut the potatoes in half and add to a large mixing bowl.

3.) Add the olive oil. I used about 1 tablespoon, but this will vary by how many potatoes you use. Just use enough oil to give the potatoes a nice coat. Add your seasonings.

4.) Put on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the Parmesan Grated Cheese

5.) Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes at 450 degrees. The potatoes should be tender in the middle when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment