Here's one delicious dish for this week's Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week - Vietnamese Bison Steak Salad. Using Wild Idea Buffalo Premium Steak Strips along with a host of Vegetables, Spices, and Herbs. Not only delicious but gives you a healthy dinner recipe. You can find this recipe on the Wild Idea Buffalo website. Along with all the recipes you can also purchase any of the delicious and healthy cuts of Wild Idea Buffalo Meat Selections! http://wildideabuffalo.com/
Vietnamese Bison Steak Salad
A fabulous combination of ingredients! Feel free to use any vegetables of your choice. Not only is it tasty and beautiful, but it’s healthy too! *Optional: Rice Noodles may also be added to this salad. Prepare as directed and place the noodles in the center of the plate. (Makes 4 servings)
2 - cloves of garlic, about 1 tablespoon
1 - jalapeno pepper, coarse chopped
¼ - cup pure cane sugar
¾ - cup fresh lemon juice, warmed
½ - cup Asian fish sauce
¼ - cup sesame oil
1) In a blender, purée the cilantro, garlic, sugar, and lemon juice.
2) While the motor is still running, add the remaining ingredients. Set aside or refrigerate the dressing until needed.
1 - 1 lb. Premium Steak Strips
1 - tablespoon olive oil
½ - small red cabbage, finely julienned
½ - red onion, finely julienned
2 - carrots, finely julienned or use peeler for ribbon effect
1 - yellow bell pepper, finely julienned or zucchini ribbons
½ - cucumber, diced
½ - cup fresh mint, julienned
½ - cup fresh basil, julienned
1/2 cup of the dressing. Marinade for 2 to 4 hours.
2) Place red cabbage in a bowl and sprinkle with a little salt. Squeeze cabbage to tenderize. Add the red onion and toss together.
3) Mix cucumber, mint, and basil together. Add ¼ cup of dressing to the cucumber mixture and set aside to marinade.
4) Arrange julienned or ribbon vegetables on 4 plates.
5) Remove the bison steaks from the marinade, shacking off the excess.
6) Over high heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the bison strips for about 4 minutes, tossing to turn occasionally
7) Place the seared steaks on top of the julienned vegetables, drizzle with desired amount of dressing, and sprinkle with the cucumber mixture.