Saturday, February 27, 2016

Baked Ham and Swiss Mini Sub w/ Creamy Tomato Soup

Dinner Tonight: Baked Ham and Swiss Mini Sub w/ Creamy Tomato Soup





For Breakfast I made my Skillet Potatoes and Ham for Breakfast. I used 1 package of Simply
Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes and a package of Meijer Diced Ham to prepare it. Just cook the Potatoes according to the package instructions and with about 5 minutes of cooking time left add the Diced Ham. You can serve this topped with a fried Egg, diced Onions, or Shredded Cheese. I topped mine this morning with Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Colby – Jack Cheese and a Fried Egg Sunnyside Up. And Breakfast is served! Had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea.



Cleaned the kitchen after Breakfast, did the morning work out, and then took Mom's car up to the Car Wash and had it cleaned for her. Back home tidied up around the house. Had lunch and I headed out
for a while. It's a beautiful day out, sunny and around 50 degrees! Got out in the car and went for a drive out to my old neighborhood, Ross Ohio. It had been a while since I had been out there so I took advantage of this beautiful day and went out to the old homestead. Ross isn't a very big place but as all small towns it's gradually getting bigger. Back in the day when I was growing up there it was farming community. We had a Dairy Queen, an Ival's Pizza, The Castle Bar/Diner, an IGA Market, and a small Deli Carry-Out. And that was it now there's quite a few more places to eat and more on the way as more housing are being built and less farm land. Anyway back home and tonight I prepared a Baked Ham and Swiss Mini Sub w/ Creamy Tomato Soup.




To make the Sub I'll need; Boar's Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Ham, Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss
Cheese, Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil, and Aunt Millie's Deli Style Whole Grain Mini Sub Buns.



I used Boar’s Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Ham. I had purchased the Boar’s Head Maple Glazed Honey Coat Ham at Kroger, on sale the other day. I love all the Boar’s Head Meats and Cheese. Always fresh and lower in calories and sodium, the Ham is 60 calories per serving.  I also used Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese which is only 40 calories per slice. Topped it with Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil. To help the bun brown a bit I brushed the top with Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I had already preheated the oven to 400 degrees, I then laid the Sub on a small baking sheet and baked it for about 12 minutes. Took it out and the Sub was a light golden brown and the Cheese was melted. Love these Ham and Swiss Subs!





Then I also heated up some Amy’s Organic Creamy Tomato Soup. My favorite Tomato Soup by far. I’ve been using this a few years now. Creamy with a fantastic flavor and it’s 110 calories and 19 carbs. I also had a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Yogurt.










Amy’s Organic Light in Sodium – Cream of Tomato Soup

Responding to customer requests, our chefs have created a line of Light in Sodium soups with all the
flavor and goodness of our regular soups, but containing 50% less sodium. Contains 340 mg of
sodium compared to 690 mg in Amy’s regular cream of tomato soup. No GMOs – No bioengineered ingredients. All dairy ingredients are made with pasteurized, rBST hormone free milk. USDA organic. Certified organic by QAI. Ready serve. Gluten free. This Cream of Tomato Soup is made from organic sun-ripened tomatoes slowly simmered to bring out their natural sweetness. Amy’s dad says it’s the best reduced sodium tomato soup he’s ever eaten. We’re sure that you’ll agree.

* Contains 340mg of sodium compared to 690mg in Amy’s regular Cream of Tomato soup.

Ingredients : 0g Trans Fat/No Added MSG/No Preservatives Organic tomato puree, filtered water, organic cream, organic evaporated cane juice, organic onions, sea salt, organic black pepper. Contains milk.

Nutritional Facts
Serving Size: 1 cup
Servings Per Container: ~ 2
Serving Weight: 1 cup
Product UPC: 0-42272-00581-9
Calories: 110 Calories from Fat: 25
Total Fat: 2.5g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 340mg
Carbohydrates: 19g
Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 13g
Protein: 3g
Organic: 10%
Vitamin A: 20% • Vitamin C: 15%
Calcium: 4% • Iron: 10%

http://www.amys.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment