Dinner Tonight: Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Multi Grain Medley and Baby Carrots
For Breakfast had a toasted healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin topped with Smucker's Sugar
I had been preparing the Red Snapper my friends had brought back from the Florida Gulf Coast,
I prepared it in a preheated Cast Iron Skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray. When the pan
For one side dish I prepared some Minute Multi Grain Medley. I love the Minute Multi Grain, It has Brown Rice, Thai Red Rice, Wild Rice, and Quinoa. Now that’s a good combo of Grains! Plus it’s only 160 calories and 31 net carbs per serving, which isn’t bad for a Grain Dish. Then I also prepared a can of Kroger Brand Whole Baby Carrots. These are so much easier to prepare than boiling fresh Baby Carrots, and they taste just as fresh and good. For dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.
Minute Multi-Grain Medley
* Minute® Multi-Grain Medley is a blend of four popular gluten-free 100% whole grains and is
* Brown Rice – usually brown but can be black, purple, red or a variety of exotic hues.
* Thai Red Rice – also known as Khao Deng, is an ancient grain that has a pleasant and nutty flavor.
* Wild Rice – not technically rice at all but the seed of an aquatic grass. It has a strong, hearty flavor that goes well with other grains.
* Quinoa (pronounced “KEEN-wah”) – is a small, light-colored round grain, similar in appearance to sesame seeds. It cooks up light and fluffy. The protein in quinoa is a complete protein as it contains all nine essential amino acids.
This quick cooking whole grain medley is pre-portioned in 4 separate bags for ease of preparation and has a slightly chewy, nutty flavor. Perfect for any meal, even as a wholesome start to the day, this medley is great when eaten with a little olive oil and salt, cooked in meat/vegetable broths or fruit juices. Make Minute® Multi-Grain Medley a versatile recipe staple for your pantry.
1 -Do NOT use the bag for cooking. COMBINE water and contents of one bag in medium saucepan and stir. Add oil if desired. Or, if desired, to add more flavor, substitute broth, fruit or vegetable juice for water.
2 – BRING to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 MINUTES or until water is absorbed.
3 – REMOVE from heat. Fluff with fork.
Serving Size 1/2 bag (43g)
Servings Per Container 8 [2 per bag]
Amount Per Serving
Calories 160 Calories From Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1.5g 2
Saturated Fat 0g 0
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0
Sodium 15mg 1
Potassium 80mg 2
Total Carbohydrate 33g 11
Fiber 2g 8