Friday, July 8, 2016

Dutch Smoked Gouda, Bacon, Pork Burger w/ Baked Shoestring Fries

Dinner Tonight: Dutch Smoked Gouda, Bacon, Pork Burger w/ Baked Shoestring Fries




Stayed up a little late last night watching the terrible and cowardly acts of violence. My thoughts and prayers go out to entire Dallas Police Force. Also my prayers go out to the gentleman's family up in Minnesota that was needlessly killed by an officer. The state of this Country is a result of the leadership of this Country. I'll say no more on that subject.




I prepared a family favorite for everyone this morning for Breakfast, Skillet Potatoes and Ham for Breakfast. I used 1 package of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes and a package
of Meijer Diced Ham to prepare it. Just cook the Potatoes according to the package instructions and with about 5 minutes of cooking time left add the Diced Ham. Just love this skillet meal! After Breakfast I ran the vacuum real quick and then outside for a little work. I wanted to try to work outside early before the humidity got too bad, but it was already bad out there earl. I trimmed the vine we have that grows down the side of our driveway. The vine had started to overtake part of the drive. That taken care of stayed in most of the day and got a few little things done around the house. So for Dinner tonight it's a Dutch Smoked Gouda, Bacon, Pork Burger w/ Baked Shoestring Fries.


I seen a video and recipes on Face Book with Pork Burgers and they looked fantastic. So it had been
a while since I made Pork Burgers and decided to pick up some Ground Pork while at Kroger yesterday. To make the Burgers I'll need; 1 lb. package of Ground Pork, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cumin, Mustard Powder, Dried Cilantro Leaves, Shaved Honey Crisp Apple, Simple Truth Hardwood Smoked Bacon, Boar's Head Smoked Gouda Cheese, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Hamburger Buns.







I first fried my Bacon. I used Simple Truth Hardwood Smoked Bacon. Using a large skillet, I fried the Bacon until crisp. Removed the Bacon and placed it on a plate and set aside.With a 1 lb. package
of Ground Pork you can easily get 4-5 Burgers. To make them I got a large bowl and added the Pork. I then added all the Spices; Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Cumin, Mustard Powder, Dried Cilantro Leaves. I mixed the Spices with the Ground Pork until well mixed. Don't overwork the Pork, you don't want to break the Pork down. Next just form the Pork Mixture into Burgers. To cook the Burgers I'm using a large Cast Iron Skillet. I first sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and added 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, heated the Skillet on medium heat. When the Skillet was heated up I added my Burgers.



After 3 minutes flip the burgers. Continued cooking for 6-8 minutes more. Flipped one more time, cover and cook for another 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. If you’re adding on cheese, go ahead
and do so about a minute before removing from them pan. I'm using Smoked Gouda Cheese. When cooking Pork Burgers, you want to make sure that they are cooked all the way through. Which means taking them to 160 degrees internally. I served the Burgers on Healthy Life Whole Grain Hamburger Buns. The Burgers were topped with Shaved Apple Smoked Gouda Cheese, Boston Bib Lettuce, Smoked Bacon, and Hellman's Lite Mayonnaise. We have us a Burger!! All the Spices have given the Burger fantastic flavor. Then with the added Shaved Apple, Mayo, Bacon, Lettuce it made it perfect.



Then to go with Burgers I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. The more I have these the
more I’m liking them! Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 18 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fries! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar.











Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries

Lightly seasoned with sea salt, these Julienne Fries make your everyday French fry wonder where it went wrong.

Ingredients: Organic Potatoes, Organic Canola Oil and/or Organic Sunflower Oil and/or Organic
Safflower Oil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 3 oz (84 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 120
Calories from Fat 36
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 200mg 8%
Potassium 310mg 9%
Carbohydrates 18g 6%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 0g
Protein 2g

https://www.alexiafoods.com/products/fries/yukon-gold-julienne-fries

No comments:

Post a Comment