Friday, July 1, 2016

Baked Salmon w/ Baked Potato and Whole Baby Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Baked Salmon w/ Baked Potato and Whole Baby Carrots





For Breakfast I made everyone Skillet Potatoes and Ham for Breakfast. I used 1 package of Simply Potatoes Steakhouse Seasoned Diced Potatoes and a package of Meijer Diced Ham to prepare it. Just cook the Potatoes according to the package instructions and with about 5 minutes of cooking time left add the Diced Ham. I topped everything with a Sunny Side Egg and a sprinkle of Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar. Just love starting off the day with a skillet meal!






We are having a rough go with dad back home from rehab. He should have been kept longer with more therapy. He's still real weak and I believe his dementia is getting worse. I hope it will work out. Did a couple of loads of laundry for Mom and picked up around the house. For dinner tonight its Baked Salmon w/ Baked Potato and Whole Baby Carrots






I had the Salmon Fillet in the freezer. Grabbed a fillet out of the freezer and let it thaw overnight in
the fridge. To prepare it, I rinsed it off with cold water and patted it dry with a paper towel. I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. I seasoned it with McCormick’s Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn and some Dried Dill. Sprayed a small baking pan with Pam w/ Olive Oil Spray and added the Salmon Fillet. Baked it on 400 degrees until the Salmon was fork tender, about 12 minutes total. I love Salmon as I do all Fish and Seafood. The Salmon came out delicious, nicely seasoned and moist. I just love all Fish and Seafood.




For one side I prepared a Baked Potato. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and
Peppercorn Medley, topped it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Then I also heated up a can of Kroger Brand Whole Baby Carrots. These are so much easier to prepare than boiling fresh Baby Carrots, and they taste just as fresh and good. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar.







Salmon

Salmon /ˈsæmən/ is the common name for several species of fish in the family Salmonidae. Other
fish in the same family include trout, char, grayling and whitefish. Salmon are native to tributaries of the North Atlantic and Pacific Ocean. Wikipedia

Nutrition Facts
Salmon, Atlantic, raw
Amount Per 0.5 fillet (198 g)
Calories 412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g 41%
Saturated fat 6 g 30%
Polyunsaturated fat 8 g
Monounsaturated fat 7 g
Cholesterol 109 mg 36%
Sodium 117 mg 4%
Potassium 719 mg 20%
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
Protein 40 g 80%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 12%
Calcium 1% Iron 3%
Vitamin B-6 65% Vitamin B-12 106%
Magnesium 13%

No comments:

Post a Comment