https://nuts.com/), which is full of healthy recipes, tips, and products! The Apple Raisin Quiche is made using Dark Raisins, which you can purchase on the Nuts site. As all their products you can purchase a small amount or purchase the item in bulk. So enjoy the recipe and be sure to visit the Nuts site (https://nuts.com/ ) and check out all their recipes, tips and products! Products that you'll find include; Mixed Nuts, Nut Powder, Cranberries, Organic Chocolates and Sweets, and Gluten-Free Flours. Eat and Snack Healthy!
Apple Raisin Quiche
1/3 cup Dark Raisins
1 quiche shell
3 large apples
2 large eggs
1 cup cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Sprinkle raisins on bottom of quiche shell. Peel, core and slice apples;arrange over raisins. Whisk together eggs, cream, sugar and cinnamon; pour over apples. Bake in 375 degree oven for 50 minutes or until custard is nearly firm. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving or serve at room temperature.
* Dark Raisins
Our deliciously sweet dark raisins are excellent for snacking or baking. These nutrient-dense dried
Health Benefits of Raisins
1) Support the Heart - Raisins are a heart-healthy food that can lower harmful cholesterol levels. Naturally low in calories and high in soluble fiber, raisins stabilize blood sugar levels and reduce the uptake of cholesterol into the bloodstream. A 2012 study led by the University of Connecticut found that people who consumed one cup of raisins per day and walked regularly reduced their LDL cholesterol levels.
2) Build Strong Bones - Bones are the support system of the entire body, so it's important to keep them healthy and strong. Raisins are an excellent source of a trace element known as boron, which plays a critical role in bone health. Research suggests that boron supplementation can reduce the risk for osteoporosis, a disease in which the bones become fragile and weak.
3) Protect the Eyes - The antioxidants present in raisins can help keep your eyes healthy well into your golden years. Vitamin A and carotenoids protect the eye's retina by preventing oxidation caused by UV rays. They also reduce the risk for age-related macular degeneration, the leading cause of blindness among older adults.
4) Lower Blood Sugar - Blood sugar spikes can put a major strain on your metabolism and are especially harmful for diabetics, but enjoying raisins on a daily basis can help. A 2012 study presented at the American Diabetes Association’s 72nd Annual Scientific Session found that people who snacked on raisins three times a day for 12 weeks reduced their average post-meal glucose levels by 16 percent.
5) Promote Healthy Teeth & Gums - The next time you're looking for a sweet treat your dentist will approve of, snack on a handful of dark raisins. Research presented at the American Society for Microbiology pinpointed five compounds in raisins that fight oral bacteria associated with cavities, tooth decay and gum disease. Now that should keep your pearly whites smiling!