Thursday, July 28, 2016

Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions w/ Golden Hominy and Vegetarian Baked Beans

Dinner Tonight; Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions w/ Golden Hominy and Vegetarian Baked Beans



Not real hungry this morning so I just had a cup of the Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. It was a restless night of sleep last night, very upset of the death of my Aunt. I know life goes on but it's weighing very heavy on my mind. But after Breakfast got a few things done outside before the heat and
humidity kicked in. Then came in and did a load of laundry. In the late afternoon a repairman showed up to repair the new lift chair that my Dad broke. Had the chair less than a week and he broke the chair by forcing it to go back and forth against the wall with the remote. I had been stressing to him not to do it but... Anyway they came and repaired it, out an extra $200. What can you do though. Finally got some much needed rain today, really dry around here. For Dinner tonight I prepared Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions w/ Golden Hominy and Vegetarian Baked Beans.






When I go to Costco I always purchase a package of the Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions.They are good size packages with 24 slices. I had a package of 4 Medallions in the freeze. So I got a bag out and let them thaw in the fridge oversight.








I started by preheating the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare them I used a Cast Iron Skillet. Sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and heated it on medium heat on
the stove. I then lightly Salted the Pork with Sea Salt and a sprinkle of McCormick Dried Oregano. Added the Pork to the skillet and cooked it for 2 minutes a side, just started to brown. Then from the stove to the oven, love Cast Iron Skillets! I then baked them to a medium rare, 145 degrees in the center of the medallions using a meat thermometer. Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorites. The Pork was so tender and flavorful. Seasoned just right and very moist. I’ll have to buy another package on my next visit to Costco, which should be next month.


For a side dish I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden Hominy.
For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. There is White and Golden Hominy, my favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish!








Then for another side I prepared some Bush’s Reduced Sodium Vegetarian Baked Beans. I had tried these a while back and fell in love with the flavor and taste of the Vegetarian Beans! Only 140
calories, 0 fat, and 23 net carbs per serving. To prepare the; just open the can and empty the Beans Into Saucepan. Heat To Simmer until heated through. Love these Beans! For dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookie and Cream Ice Cream Bar.









Bush's Vegetarian Reduced Sodium Baked Beans

LESS SODIUM. ZERO MEAT. VERY FLAVORFUL!
Looking for flavorful baked beans without the bacon? Try our Reduced Sodium Vegetarian Baked Beans. We cut the sodium and kept the flavor, which features tender navy beans in a tangy sauce seasoned with brown sugar and a special blend of spices. This variety has 25% less sodium than our regular Vegetarian Baked Beans.

Nutrition

Serving Size: 1/2 cup (130g)
Calories 140
%DV*
Total Fat 0g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g -%
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 410mg 17%
Carbohydrates 29g 10%
Dietary Fiber 6g 24%
Protein 6g -%
Sugars 12g -%
Vitamin A – 0%
Vitamin C – 0%
Calcium – 4%
Iron – 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

http://www.bushbeans.com/en_US/product/vegetarian?&cid=ps:google:Branded-New:Vegetarian

No comments:

Post a Comment