Sunday, July 17, 2016

Buffalo Firecracker Freedom Burgers w/ Baked Shoestring Fries

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Firecracker Freedom Burgers w/ Baked Shoestring Fries




I just had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast. I wanted to hit Meijer and Kroger early. I like going early because all the electric carts are fully charged and in some cases even get one. The later you go the tougher it is to get an electric shopping cart. So anyway I needed   some items for a couple of new recipes I'm going to prepare later this week, from Meijer. Then on to Kroger for a few items for Mom. Weather wise today a little hotter out and the dreaded humidity is back on the rise! Not much to do around the house so I kicked back and made it a day of rest. For dinner tonight a new Buffalo Burger! I prepared a Buffalo Firecracker Freedom Burgers w/ Baked Shoestring Fries.


I had seen last week that Wild Idea Buffalo had a new Buffalo Burger patty out, Wild Idea Buffalo Firecracker Freedom Burgers. Well with my love of Buffalo I ordered a package along with a few
other items. My order arrived yesterday afternoon and couldn't wait to try this Firecracker Burger out! I had them in the freezer so I laid a patty out overnight in the fridge to thaw. The  Wild Idea Buffalo Firecracker Freedom Burgers come 3 - 1/3 lb. Burgers to a pack. They come already seasoned and quoting Wild Idea, "We’ve combined our 100% free roaming,100% grass-fed premium ground buffalo with seasonings, olive oil, and three pepper Colby-Jack cheese for just the right amount of spiciness!" That description right there told me  I was in for one mighty tasty Buffalo Burger!



Before I prepared my Burger I made some Roasted Red Pepper Harrisa Mayonnaise to top my Burger with. I made it from a recipe that Wild Idea Buffalo sent me along with my order. To prepare it I'll
need; 1- teaspoon Chili Powder, 1/2 - teaspoon Caraway Seeds, 1/2 - teaspoon Coriander, 1/2 - teaspoon Cumin, 1/2 - teaspoon Salt, 3 - Garlic Cloves,. 1/3 cup Roasted Red Peppers, 1 - tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 - Lemon juiced, 1/3 - cup Mayonnaise, and 2 - tablespoons Cider or Rice Vinegar. To prepare it was very easy;  Mixed all of the ingredients together except for the Mayonnaise and Vinegar. Refrigerated the Harrisa Sauce for a one hour. Then whisked in the Mayonnaise and Vinegar. To serve allow the Mayonnaise to come to room temperature. And Wow, What a Sauce! Nice Smoky Mayo, perfect for Burgers!


With my Harrisa Mayo made I prepared Burger. I seasoned it with just a sprinkling of McCormick Grinder Sea Salt. I took a medium size skillet, sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and added a 1/2
tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Preheated the skillet on low medium heat. When the skillet was ready I added the Burger. I fried it 4 minutes per side.  The Burger, as always, Fried up perfect. I topped it with the Mayo and Ice-Berg Lettuce. Then served it on an Aunt Millie's Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Hamburger Bun. Oh, we got us a new Buffalo Burger to keep in stock! Nice seasoning and you get a good taste of the Three Pepper Colby-Jack Cheese! Then with the addition Roasted Red Pepper Harrisa Mayonnaise, it sends into a different flavor zone! Love the new Wild Idea Buffalo Firecracker Freedom Burgers.



To go with the Burger you gotta have fries! So I baked up some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 18 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fries! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. Served with a side of my favorite Ketchup, Hunt's Ketchup. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.









Wild Idea Buffalo Firecracker Freedom Burgers

Get prepared for the juiciest burger ever! We’ve combined our 100% free roaming,100% grass-fed premium ground buffalo with seasonings, olive oil, and three pepper Colby-Jack cheese for just the right amount of spiciness! Top with your favorite trimmings or try it with avocado and Jill’s Harissa Sauce! Recipe included with purchase.
Handcrafted and packed three burgers per pound.


http://wildideabuffalo.com/products/three-1-3-lb-firecracker-freedom-burgers








Roasted Red Pepper Harrisa Mayonnaise

Ingredients
1- teaspoon Chili Powder
1/2 - teaspoon Caraway Seeds
1/2 - teaspoon Coriander
1/2 - teaspoon Cumin
1/2 - teaspoon Salt
3 - Garlic Cloves
1/3 cup Roasted Red Peppers
1 - tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 - Lemon juiced
1/3 - cup Mayonnaise
2 - tablespoons Cider or Rice Vinegar

Directions
1) For Harrisa Sauce, Mix all of the ingredients together except for the Mayonnaise and Vinegar. * You now have Harrisa sauce which can be used as a Marinade or served on Meat.
2) For Mayonnaise, refrigerate Harrisa Sauce for a minimum of one hour. Whisk in Mayonnaise and Vinegar. Serve or allow Mayonnaise to come to room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment