Monday, July 11, 2016

Fried Okeechobee Crappie w/ Potato Pancakes and Cut Italian Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Okeechobee Crappie w/ Potato Pancakes and Cut Italian Green Beans




For Breakfast this morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin, scrambled 1
medium size Egg, and fried 2 slices of Jennie - O Turkey Bacon. Served it all on the English Muffin. I also had a cup Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. A delicious way to start the day, and healthy! After Breakfast started a load of laundry for Mom. Then outside to finish up some repairs on my Hoveround and also a goo cleaning, which it needed. Everything done so just did a few things around the house. For Dinner tonight I prepared Fried Okeechobee Crappie w/ Potato Pancakes and Cut Italian Green Beans.





I’m down to my last 3 bags of Lake Okeechobee Crappie in the freezer. My Aunt sold her place down on Lake Okeechobee so I probably won’t be having Crappie once this batch is gone. So I laid the last 3
bags in the fridge overnight to thaw, and it's a Fish Fry for tomorrow! To start I rinsed the fillets off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then seasoned them a bit of Sea Salt and then rolled them in Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri Breading Mix. Pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 3 minutes per side. As always they came out Golden Brown and delicious! It’s hard to even describe how much I love eating Crappie, especially the Lake Okeechobee Crappie.





For a side I prepared some Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix, my favorite (Never made a cake I
didn’t like!). Just add 2 Egg Beater’s (1/2 Cup), 2 1/4 Cups Water, to the mix stir and fry! Easy and makes one good Potato Pancake and their only 80 calories and 18 carbs per serving (3 Potato Pancakes).








For another side I heated a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans, our family’s favorite Bean Side. To
prepare them just empty the can into a small sauce pan and simmer until heated. I love the taste of these, just season with a bit of Sea Salt and it’s ready! For dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.










Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri

The secret of authentic Southern style fried fish is the crispy combination of cornmeal, corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 60
Calories from Fat: 0
Total Fat: 0g 0%
Saturated Fat: 0g 0%
Cholesterol: 0mg 0%
Sodium: 630mg 26%
Total Carb: 12g 4%
Dietary Fiber: 0 0%
Sugar: 0g
Protein: 1g
Vitamin A: 2%

http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Crispy-Southern-Fish-Fri.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment