Monday, July 18, 2016

Baked Cod with Tomato Pesto and Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Baked Cod with Tomato Pesto and Baked Potato





Wow, one humid morning out there today. I went out to get the morning paper and walking out felt
like opening an oven door! For Breakfast this morning I prepared a Poached Egg and a toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. Along with my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Not much to do outside, too humid and rain on and of today. So inside repaired some base board molding around the house, I'm banging into it all the time in my Hoveround Chair. Then on to the Kitchen and cleaned the Fridge, Stove, and Microwave. For dinner tonight I prepared a Baked Cod with Tomato Pesto and Baked Potato.






I actually got tonight's Dinner recipe, Baked Cod with Tomato Pesto, from a Kroger Coupon and Ad we got in the mail. They used Halibut where I'm using Cod. Halibut is okay but not my favorite. Plus Cod is less calories and, at to me, cooks up better. 



First to make the Tomato Pesto I'll need; 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes (halved), Extra Virgin Olive Oil for seasoning + 1/4 cup, Salt and Pepper (to taste), 1 Cup fresh Basil Leaves, 2 Tablespoons toasted Pine Nuts, and 1 Clove Garlic (minced). 











To prepare the Pesto; preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Toss the halved Tomatoes lightly with Olive Oil, and arrange on a rimmed foil lined baking sheet, and season with Salt. Roast the Tomatoes for about 2 hours, until shriveled. Let cool. Keep the oven and increase the heat to 400 degrees, for baking the Cod. Place the Tomatoes, Basil, Pine Nuts, and Garlic in a food processor; pulse to chop. Add 1/4 cup Olive Oil; pulse to combine well. Season with Salt and Pepper.






To prepare the Cod I'll need; 2-4 Cod Pieces (I used 2), Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper (to
taste).  Use a rimmed foil lined baking sheet. Brush the Cod Fillets with the Olive Oil, season well with salt and Pepper (to taste) and place the sheet in the oven. Bake until the Cod flakes with a fork, about 11 minutes. To serve spoon the Pesto over each Fillet. Love this Pesto Sauce! Works perfect with Fish, the Tomatoes and Pine Nuts work great together. 









For a side I prepared a Baked Potato. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley, topped it with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. For dessert later a Weight Watcher’s Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.











Tomato Pesto Sauce
Ingredients
Ingredients Pesto Sauce
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, halved
Extra Virgin Olive Oil for seasoning + 1/4 cup 
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Cup fresh Basil Leaves
2 Tablespoons toasted Pine Nuts
1 Clove Garlic, minced 


Directions
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Toss the halved Tomatoes lightly with Olive Oil, and arrange on a
rimmed foil lined baking sheet, and season with Salt. Roast the Tomatoes for about 2 hours, until shriveled. Let cool. Keep the oven and increase the heat to 400 degrees, for baking the Cod. Place the Tomatoes, Basil, Pine Nuts, and Garlic in a food processor; pulse to chop. Add 1/4 cup Olive Oil; pulse to combine well. Season with Salt and Pepper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment