Sunday, July 10, 2016

Cumin Spiced Center Cut Pork Loin Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and Golden Hominy

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Center Cut Pork Loin Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and  Golden Hominy






I started the day off today the same way I did yesterday, by preparing a Breakfast Burrito! To make it I'll need 1 medium size Egg, Jennie - O Turkey Ground Breakfast Sausage, Sargento Reduced Fat
Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Frank's Hot Sauce, sliced Jalapeno Pepper, and Old El Paso Flour Soft Tortilla. Not a bad way to start my day! Sunny and 84 degrees out, and low humidity again! Got the cart out and did what yard work I could do around the house. Then I had purchased some new tire for my Hoveround that I had to put on with the help of the next door neighbor. For Dinner tonight its a Cumin Spiced Center Cut Pork Loin Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes and  Golden Hominy.







I picked up the Center Cut Pork Loin Chop at Meijer yesterday. It's a nice size, bone-in chop. Meijer always has top quality meat and Seafood Department. So for my Chop I used my Cumin Spice Rub. Which consists of; 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper.





 To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let
stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add Chops to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 15 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork.







I served it with some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes, which I just microwave and serve. Then I also heated up a can Kroger Brand Golden Hominy. For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.










When choosing pork chops.....

Choose meat that’s pink with a small amount of marbling and white (not yellow) fat. Choose wrapped
packages without any tears, holes or leaks. There should be little or no liquid in the bottom of the tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment