Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries
Started off the morning with a bowl of Cereal, Honey Nut Cheerios Medley Crunch. After Breakfast I started a couple of loads of laundry for Mom and did some light house cleaning. After lunch I headed over to spend the afternoon over at the rehab center to see Dad. He's getting stronger, but slowly. Had more rain overnight and into the morning. Stopped raining but windy and cloudy all day. So for dinner tonight I prepared a Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries.
I had purchased the Cod from Kroger and had it in the freezer. I laid the Cod in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare the Cod I rinsed the fillet off with cold water and patted dry. I then cut the fillet in
I also baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served these with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup for dipping. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.
Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich
(4) 4oz. Orange Roughy or Cod Fillets
1c. Panko Bread Crumbs
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.
Number of Servings: 4