Thursday, May 19, 2016

Giant Garlic Shrimp, Stuffed Clams, and Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Giant Garlic Shrimp, Stuffed Clams, and Baked Potato




For Breakfast this morning I scrambled 2 medium size Eggs and toasted 2 slices of Healthy Life
Whole Grain Bread, and the morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After that I headed to Meijer for a few sale items that they have this week. Stopped by the bank, stopped by Walgreen for a prescription, and stopped to get gas before returning home. Dad's blood pressure is back to normal so they didn't have to take him to the hospital for the transfusion. But he's still at the rehab center, and probably be there a while. I didn't visit him today, I stayed home and got caught up on some household chores. It's another picture perfect day out, sunny and high in the upper 60's! Did get some time in the late afternoon to get the cart out for a while to enjoy the sun. For dinner tonight something new, I prepared Giant Garlic Shrimp, Stuffed Clams, and Baked Potato.




I was at Kroger yesterday looking for some ideas for dinner this week and ended up buying a
Boneless Pork Tenderloin Roast, some Boar's Head Beef Salami and Black Forest Ham, and tonight's dinner items Extra Large Fresh Water Shrimp and Stuffed Clams. Some of the largest Shrimp I've had in quite some time and they are Fresh Water Shrimp, which I've never tried before. The Clams came already stuffed with the Clam Meat and Spices.






So for the Shrimp I'm using a recipe from My Recipes website, Giant Garlic Shrimp. To make this dish I'll need; 3 tablespoons Blue Bonnet Light Butter, Fresh Water Shrimp (peeled and deveined), 2 tablespoons minced Garlic, Juice of 1 Lemon, and 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Italian Seasoning, and Parsley.










To prepare it I started by cleaning the Shrimp and  peeled and deveined them. I then melted the Butter in a large frying pan over high heat. Added the Shrimp and cooked on one side until bright pink. Turned the shrimp over and add garlic. Cooked until completely pink, about 4 to 5 minutes. Removed from the heat and added lemon juice and salt. Arranged them on a plate and drizzled them with the pan juices. Wow, nice recipe! Fantastic flavor with the Shrimp and as I had said this was the first time I tried the Fresh water Shrimp and really liked them! I think I like Wild Caught Shrimp better but these will work! Served the with some Louisiana Remoulade Sauce, perfect for my Stuffed Clams also. The original recipe and web link are at the end of the post.






For my Stuffed Clams I preheated the oven on 375 degrees. Lined a small baking sheet with foil and
placed the Clams on it. I sprinkled some Sea Salt on them and a drizzle of Lemon Juice. When the oven was ready I baked the Clams until heated through, about 12 minutes. The first Stuffed Clams I've had in forever! And they were the bomb! Meaty and seasoned just right and the Louisiana Remoulade Sauce is perfect to dip it in. I also baked a small Russet Potato that I seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea salt and Peppercorn Medley. To drink I had a Diet Peach Snapple. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.










Giant Garlic Shrimp

Ingredients
3 tablespoons butter
1 pound large (16 to 20 per lb.) shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons minced garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preparation

Melt butter in a large frying pan (not nonstick) over high heat. Add shrimp and cook on one side until bright pink. Turn shrimp over and add garlic. Cook until completely pink, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice and salt. Arrange on a plate and drizzle with pan juices.

Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.

Nutritional Information
Calories 75
Caloriesfromfat 49 %
Protein 7.3 g
Fat 4.1 g
Satfat 2.3 g
Carbohydrate 1 g
Fiber 0.0 g
Sodium 178 mg
Cholesterol 76 mg

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/giant-garlic-shrimp

No comments:

Post a Comment