Monday, May 23, 2016

Cube Steak Sandwich w/ Roasted Baby Gold Potatoes and Sliced Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Cube Steak Sandwich w/ Roasted Baby Gold Potatoes and Sliced Carrots



Had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast and then off to Meijer and quick stop at Kroger. Wanted to get back home to get some things done today around the house. I built a couple of new
shelves for the shed that I installed today. Then inside the house I had to replace some moulding that damaged while in my Hoveround, which happens a lot! Life in a wheelchair! Very thankful for my Hoveround Mobility Chair, it's my legs now. If you have allergies, stay out of Southwest Ohio for the next few days! They said that for the next few days that Pollen, Mold, and etc. will be terrible. And by the way my head feels along with my sneezing they're right! Suffering with it today. For dinner tonight I prepared Cube Steak Sandwich w/  Roasted Baby Gold Potatoes and Sliced Carrots.




I used my favorite Cubed Steak, Meijer Cubed Steak. I picked up a couple of packages this morning at Meijer, it’s the best Cubed Steak I have ever found or had. It’s about the only Beef I ever have,
normally I have Buffalo, Fish, Chicken, or Pork. They’re good size patties so I was able to cut them in half and get 2 meals out 1 pattie. To prepare them I seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper and I then rolled them in flour that I had mixed with a bit of Hungarian Paprika. Shook off the excess flour and pan fried them in Canola Oil, about 4 minutes per side. They came out delicious! Excellent flavor and very tender, especially for Cubed Steak which sometimes can be somewhat tough and stringy. Topped with some Heinz 57 Sauce and served it on a Aunt Millie's Reduced Calorie Whole Grain Bun.





I made a skillet of Roasted Potato and Turkey Bacon. To make this Potato Dish I’ll need; 2 Slices of Jennie – O Turkey Bacon, Sea Salt Ground Black Pepper, 1/2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Baby Gold Potatoes (quartered). Start by heating a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add Turkey Bacon to pan; cook 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove Bacon from pan; crumble. Add Potatoes to drippings in pan; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Then bake at 375° for 12 minutes or until Potatoes are fork tender. Sprinkle Bacon and Parsley over Potatoes; serve with pork. Excellent Potato Dish.





Then I opened up a can of Del Monte Sliced Carrots. These are so much easier to prepare than
boiling fresh Carrots, and they taste just as fresh and good as fresh Carrots. Just empty the can of Carrots into a small sauce pan; heat to a boil and reduce heat to a slow simmer until heated through. Drain excess liquid and serve. Also had a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar.










Cube Steak
Cube steak is a cut of beef, usually top round or top sirloin, tenderized by fierce pounding with a
meat tenderizer, or use of an electric tenderizer. The name refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process (called “cubing”). Many professional cooks insist that regular tenderizing mallets cause too much mashing to produce a proper cube steak, and insist on either using specialized cube steak machines, or manually applying a set of sharp-pointed rods to pierce the meat in every direction. This is the most common cut of meat used for chicken fried steak.

In Canada as well as in some parts of the United States, cube steak may be called a minute steak, because it can be cooked quickly.
Others distinguish minute steak as:
* simply referring to the cut, which is not necessarily tenderized;
* thinner than cube steak (hence does not need tenderizing);
* cut from sirloin or round, while cube steak cut is from chuck or round.
The term “minute steak” is also used in the United Kingdom, where the term “cube steak” is little known.

No comments:

Post a Comment