Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Cajun Rainbow Trout w/ Hash Browns and Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Cajun Rainbow Trout w/ Hash Browns and Green Beans




Just had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast. I had to take my car to the shop early this morning. You might know the weather heats up and my air conditioner doesn't work. The air
conditioner actually works fine but for some reason I get no air out of the dash vents. Just another bill! So I was without a car today so I just puttered around the house. I would have like to get the cart out but the sun was just too hot today to be out a lot, especially with my history of Melanoma. So I got some things done around the house all day. For dinner tonight I'm having a Cajun Rainbow Trout w/ Hash Browns and Green Beans.





While at Meijer last week they had some beautiful Rainbow Trout Fillets, and I just couldn’t pass it up! I purchased a couple of fillets and had them in the freezer. So I grabbed one of the fillets from the
freezer and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. I had prepared Cajun Trout the last time I prepared Trout and it was delicious, so why not again tonight! To prepare it all I’ll need is; 1 Rainbow Trout Fillet, 1 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 Teaspoon Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning, and 1 Teaspoon chopped Parsley Flakes. To prepare it I preheated the broiler. Patted the fillets dry and lightly brush both sides with oil. Sprinkled both sides evenly with Cajun seasoning. Placed skin side down on broiler rack and broil 4-6 inches from heat for 4-5 minutes or until the Trout flakes easily when I tested it with a fork. You can add a Lemon Wedge with it if you like. Excellent recipe, you have the fresh taste of the Trout along with all the flavor from the Cajun Seasoning!







Then for one side I prepared some Simply Potatoes Hash Browns. Fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Pepper, and Parsley. I love Hash Browns, they make the perfect side for any Fish Dish. I also reheated some Del Monte Cut Green Beans I had leftover from last night. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.







Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns

Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns fry up perfectly to a crisp, golden brown because they’re made from quality potatoes. They’re always fresh, never frozen so you’ll never have to worry about freezer burn. Fresh, delicious potatoes mean you never have to sacrifice great homemade taste.

Ingredients:
Potatoes, Dextrose, Disodium Dihydrogen Pyrophosphate (Added to Maintain Color), Potassium Sorbate And Sodium Bisulfite (Added to Maintain Freshness).

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 78 G
Servings Per Container 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 70
Calories From Fat 0
% Daily Value
Total Fat 0 G 0
Saturated Fat 0 G 0
Trans Fat 0 G
Cholesterol 0 Mg 0
Sodium 55 Mg 2
Total Carboydrate 16 G 5
Dietary Fiber <2 8="" g="" p="">Sugars 0 G
Protein 1 G
http://www.simplypotatoes.com/products/productview.cfm?prid=34

No comments:

Post a Comment