Sunday, May 1, 2016

Cubed Pork Steak Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries

Dinner Tonight: Cubed Pork Steak Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries





Made me and Mom an early Breakfast of Scrambled Eggs and Toast. Then after Breakfast we both
headed out to the hospital to see Dad. He's blood work is normal now so Monday morning they are going in and inflating his collapsed lung. Hopefully no more collapsed lungs because it's iffy if they can do it again without harming the lung. I came back home for lunch and then afterward I cleaned the house, vacuum and dusted. Then cleaned up around the outside. Lot of rain last night and more on the way later tonight. They ran the Flying Pig Marathon this morning here in Cincinnati. 40,000 runners in all the races this year! Cincinnati does this right, one of the top and most scenic races in the U.S. So for dinner tonight I prepared Cubed Pork Steak Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.



I had a of packages of Cubed Pork Steak that I purchased from Kroger in the freezer. I sat it in the

fridge to thaw overnight. To prepare it I got the big three out to bread it with; Flour, Egg Beater’s, and Panko Bread Crumbs. I seasoned the Steak with Sea Salt and Black Ground Pepper. Next I seasoned
the Flour with Hungarian Paprika and rolled the Cube Pork in that and shook off the excess. Then I dipped it in the Egg Beater’s shaking off the excess and then pressed both sides in the Shake and Bake Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs, making sure both sides was well covered. I heated up a medium size skillet, that I drizzled with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, on medium high heat. Added my Cubed Pork and fried about 4 minutes per side, till each side was golden brown.






The Cubed Pork Steak came out delicious! Moist and very tender with a good flavor from the Paprika
and all the other ingredients. Served it on a Aunt Millie’s Reduced Calorie Hamburger Bun and topped with some French’s Brown Spicy Brown Mustard. I fried both patties in the package, I’ll have the other pattie for Breakfast in the morning. The Pork and Panko are a perfect match and the Spicy Brown Mustard tops everything off.











For a side I baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.











Aunt Millie's Whole Grain Reduced Calorie Hamburger Buns

Aunt Millie’s Hearth Buns are made with whole grain flour, are generously-sized and add a special touch to your grill outs.

Nutrition
Serving size 1 Bun (60g)
Servings per Container 8

Calories 110
Calories from fat 15
Amount/Serving %DV*
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Potassium 80mg 2%
Sodium 190mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 26g 9%
Fiber 6g 24%
Sugars 3g
Protein 6g

https://www.auntmillies.com/products/buns-deli/hearth/5885

No comments:

Post a Comment