Friday, May 6, 2016

Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes,Seasoned Butter Beans, and Baked Italian Loaf Bread

Dinner Tonight: Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes, Seasoned Butter Beans, and Baked Italian Loaf Bread



I made Biscuits and Gravy for Breakfast this morning for me and Mom. I used Pillsbury Biscuits and Pioneer Peppered White Gravy. Dad is now at a local rehab center to continue his rehab. The doctor said he would be there at least 2 weeks or more. Mom headed over at noon but I'm staying home today to catch up on work around and outside the house. Had a full day of cleaning today until the early afternoon and then I got my 4 wheel mobility cart out for a while to enjoy this beautiful day! It's sunny and 70 degrees. For dinner tonight I prepared Cumin Spiced Pork Chop w/ Mashed Potatoes,Seasoned Butter Beans, and Baked Italian Loaf Bread.



I grabbed a couple of Pork Chops from the freezer, that I had purchased from Costco, and let it thaw
overnight in the fridge. Then to prepare my Chop I’ll need; The Cumin Spiced Rub which consists of; 1 tbsp Roasted Cumin, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Chili Powder, 1 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian Paprika, 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper. To prepare it preheat oven to 400°. Combine all the ingredients; rub it all over the pork chop. Let stand 20 minutes. Start by heating the Extra Virgin Olive oil in a Cast Iron Skillet over medium-high heat. Add Chops to pan; cook 3 minutes, browning both sides. From the stove to the oven and bake at 400° for 20 minutes until the thermometer registered 150° (slightly pink), turning after 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Fantastic combo of Spices, which makes one incredible Crust on the Chop with the inside being tender and moist! Love this seasoning on Pork. Hard to beat these Costco Pork Chops, always top quality.


I served it with some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes, which I just microwave and serve. Then I also
heated up a can of Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans. I came across these while at Walmart yesterday and thought I would give them a try! To prepare them just empty the contents into a small sauce pan. Cover and bring to a boil. Stir and reduce heat. Then just simmer until ready to eat. I'm sold on these after the first spoonful! Nice sized Butter Beans that are perfectly seasoned. Another good one to have in the pantry! All Margaret Holmes products are some of the best canned items you can buy. I also had a half loaf of Pillsbury Italian Loaf Bread leftover that I reheated. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.




Margaret Holmes Seasoned Butter Beans

How do you make butter beans even better? Just slow simmer in Margaret Holmes’ down-home
Southern spices! A slightly larger variety of Lima Beans are used to produce this classic Southern favorite.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size130 g (0.5 cup)
Amount Per ServingCalories90Calories from Fat5 % Daily ValueTotal Fat 0.5g 1% Saturated Fat 0g 0% Trans Fat 0g   Polyunsaturated Fat   %   Monounsaturated Fat   %   Cholesterol 0mg 0%   Sodium 600mg 25%   Potassium   %   Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%   Dietary Fiber 5g 20%   Soluble Fiber     Insoluble Fiber     Sugars 2g   Sugar Alcohol     Other Carbohydrates     Protein 6g %

http://margaretholmes.com/products/seasoned-butter-beans/

No comments:

Post a Comment