Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wheat Pita Pizza

Today's Menu: Wheat Pita Pizza


Pizza for dinner tonight! I love Pizza but don't like the calories and carbs that go with it. I started using these Wheat Pita Bread from Meijer a while back. Only 80 calories and 17 carbs per serving which is half the Pita. At that the whole Pita Bread is only 160 calories! For toppings I used Jennie - 1/4 of a O Italian Turkey Sausage, 1/2 a serving (8 Slices) Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, Sliced Black Olives, Sliced Baby Bela Mushrooms, Ragu Pizza Sauce (1/2 Serving), Kraft 2% Shredded Mozzarella. I precooked the Turkey Italian Sausage before adding it as a topping. The 1/2 Pita serving doesn't have a lot of calories or carbs but plenty of taste and very filling. After building my Pizza I baked it at 385 degrees for about 9 minutes. I made 2 of them and it was more than enogh for 3 people. For dessert/snack later a Mini Bag of Jolly Time 100 Calorie Pop Corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment