Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pizza Three Ways - Pepperoni, Turkey Sausage, and Ham & Pineapple

Dinner Tonight: Pizza Three Ways - Pepperoni, Turkey Sausage, and Ham & Pineapple



I had three of the  Meijer Wheat Pita Bread's left so I used them to make three different Pizzas for everyone for dinner tonight. I made a Turkey Pepperoni, Turkey Sausage, and a Ham & Pineapple Pizza. The Pita Bread is only 80 calories and 17 carbs per serving which is half the Pita. At that the whole Pita Bread is only 160 calories. Pita Bread is a great alternative for your Pizza Crust, being lower in calories and carbs. I used Ragu Pizza Sauce, Kraft 2% Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for all 3 Pizzas.  I brushed each Pita Bread with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and  baked them at 385 degrees for about 9 minutes.

On the Pepperoni Pizza I used Hormel Turkey Pepperoni, Mushrooms and Sliced Black Olives.

For the Turkey Sausage Pizza I used Jennie - O Italian Turkey Sausage, Sliced Black Olives, and Mushrooms. I precooked the Turkey Italian Sausage before adding it as a topping.

For the last Pizza I used Mushrooms, Sarah Lee Thin Sliced Honey Baked Ham along with Dole Pineapple Chunks.

It was unanimous I needed to make more of the Ham & Pineapple. What a great flavor combination! The hint of Salt from the Ham and Sweetness from the Pineapple makes a delicious Pizza. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with some Dole Pineapple Chunks that were leftover from dinner.



No comments:

Post a Comment