Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baked Pork Chop w/ Green Beans & Carrots and...

Dinner Tonight: Baked Pork Chop w/ Green Beans & Carrots and Harvest Grain Bread


Had another of the large Center Cut Pork Loin Chop. I marinated it in J B’s Fat Boy’s Haugwash Barbcue Sauce and refrigerated it for 3 hours. I removed the chop from the fridge and shook off any excess of the sauce and then seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Grinder Black Peppercorn and then applied a light rub of McCormick Grillmate’s Applewood Rub. I then pan fried the Chop browning it on both sides then baked the Chops at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and then flipping the Chops over and baking another 35 minutes until the temperature read 165 degrees. I love these Big Chops moist and tender with some great leftovers!

For sides I had Kroger Bakery Harvest Grain Bread and a new item that I hadn't tried Pero Family Farms Green Beans & Carrots. I hadn't had the Harvest Grain Loaf Bread in a while so it was good to have some again. The Green Beans & Carrots was something I picked up earlier in the week at Meijer. Easy to fix, microwave in the bag or boil in 3 cups of water for 7 minutes which is what I did. They came out crisp and delicious, I'll have to buy some more of these! For dessert later a slice of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread with a scoop of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment