Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Crock Pot Baby Back Ribs w/ Kicked Up Chili Beans and White Shoepeg Corn

Dinner Tonight: Crock Pot BBQ Baby Back Ribs w/ Kicked Up Chili Beans and White Shoepeg Corn


Had some more of the Crock Pot BBQ Baby Back Ribs! I went to Kroger early this morning and purchased 2 lbs. of Pork Baby Back Ribs and had the Meat Department cut the racks into Riblets for me, they looked beautiful! While I had the crock pot warming up on high I seasoned the Riblets with JB’s Fat Boy Premium Rub. I then brushed a half a bottle of JB’s Fat Boy Haugwaush Bar B Cue Sauce. I cooked the ribs for 8 hours on low in the crock pot. After 5 hours I applied the other half of Haugwaush to the Ribs.  About midway through the aroma of those ribs were all through the house, just like last time! The ribs came out perfect! Tender fall off the bone delicious. No knife needed as the bones could be removed by just pulling on them. i think I've found my favorite way to fix ribs!

For the Beans I used Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans and added Jack Daniel’s BBQ Sauce, Crumbled Turkey Bacon Bits, Splenda Brown Sugar, and a few dashes of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. I left the recipe at the end of the post. Along with the Beans we had Pict Sweet White Shoepeg Corn. Dessert later perhaps a slice of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread.

Kicked Up Chili Beans

Ingredients:

1 Can Spicy Chili Beans, Brand your choice. I use Joan of Arc
3 Pieces Crumbled Turkey Bacon. You can use Turkey or Turkey Bacon Crumbles
4 Shakes Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
1/2 Cup Jack Daniel’s Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce
1/2 Tablespoon Splenda Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Ground Mustard

Directions:

Empty can of Beans into a medium sauce pan
Add Turkey Crumbles, Brown Sugar, Ground Mustard, Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, Honey BBQ Sauce, stir and mix.
Heat until desired temperature, and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment