This week's Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week is ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP. Made with either Wild Idea Italian Buffalo Sausage or Wild Idea Ground Buffalo along with buffalo broth or organic chicken broth. The Soup that makes one hearty meal!You can find this recipe and purchase the any of the delicious and beautiful cuts of Buffalo at the Wild Idea Buffalo website. http://wildideabuffalo.com/
ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
You don’t have to be Italian or getting married to enjoy this delicious, aromatic soup. Super easy, with minimal preparation and it makes a beautiful presentation! Serve the soup with crusty open-faced cheese sandwiches for dunking.
Italian Wedding Soup (Serves 6)
1 - teaspoon, fresh garlic, minced
½ - teaspoon fennel, crushed
1 - teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 - teaspoon onion powder
½ - teaspoon salt
2 - teaspoons black pepper (use less if you prefer)
2 - tablespoon olive oil
1 - pound Wild Idea Italian Buffalo Sausage or Wild Idea Ground Buffalo
2½ - quarts buffalo broth or organic chicken broth
½ - cup orzo pasta
3 - cups spinach or escarole, chopped and packed
½ - cup basil, julienned
Pass with grated Parmesan.
* Preheat broiler to high with backing rack two positioned rungs down.
* Add ground bison and mix thoroughly.
* Form into small meatballs, minimum 24 to 40.
* Place on baking sheet and bake under the broiler with door slightly ajar, until browned, about 5 to 7 minutes.
* In stockpot on stovetop over medium high heat bring broth to a boil.
* Add orzo, reduce heat to simmer and cook until pasta is tender, about 8 minutes.
Add the meatballs and juices from the pan to the stock. Allow meatballs to heat through.
* Add spinach and the basil and cook for 2 minutes.
* Serve immediately. Ladle soup into bowl and pass with grated Parmesan.