Saturday, January 28, 2017

Grilled Ham and Swiss on Sour Dough Bread w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight; Grilled Ham and Swiss on Sour Dough Bread w/ Baked Fries






Well they are wanting to release Dad from the Hospital but he's too weak to come home and all the Rehab and Recovery Centers are full. So I spent most of the day on the phone scrambling to find a place for Dad to go. The Case worker was calling around as I was and we finally got Dad into a unit in neighboring Fairfield, Ohio. So stressful today! Went on up to see Dad later in the afternoon. One long day today, ready to eat! Tonight I prepared a Grilled Ham and Swiss on Sour Dough Bread w/ Baked Fries.





I was running late the other day and made a Ham and Swiss Sandwich for a quick Dinner. I enjoyed it
so much I'm having it again tonight for Dinner but I'm Grilling it! To prepare the Sandwich I'll need; Boar's Head Sweet Slice Ham, Sargento Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese, French's Yellow Mustard, Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil, and Kroger Bakery Sour Dough Bread. I used the flat top Griddle to grill it with. I sprayed the griddle with a very light coat of Pam Cooking Spray and and spread about 1/2 tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Light Butter on it. Heated it on medium heat. I also turned the oven on at 425 degrees.




While the griddle was heating I prepared the Sandwich. Took a slice of the Sour Dough Bread and
topped it with some of the Kraft Mayo, the Boar's Head Ham, the Sargento Swiss, French's Mustard, and added the top slice of the Sour Dough Bread. I then Buttered the bottom and top halves of the Bread with Blue Bonnet Butter. With the griddle heated I grilled my Sandwich. Grilled the bottom half just over 3 minutes, then flipped it over and grilled the other side about 2 1/2 minutes. Until both sides were golden brown! What a Sandwich, Sour Dough Bread just makes everything that much better! I'll have to buy another loaf of it sometime soon. Love the combo of Ham and Swiss!




I had already preheated the oven, so as the griddle was heating I baked my fries, I'm using Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries. Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher's Snack Size Peanut and Caramel Ice Cream candy Bar.









Boar’s Head Sweet Slice Boneless Smoked Ham
With natural juices.

Enjoy the exceptional flavor of a traditional bone-in ham without the bone. Available in the Deli
retail case as a center of the plate item or at the Service Deli sliced by the pound for a sandwich of note.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 oz (56g)
Servings Per Container Varied
Amount Per Serving
Calories 60 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5g 4%
Saturated Fat 1g 5%
Trans Fat 0g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 20mg 7%
Sodium 520mg 22%
Potassium 160mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 1g 0%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 0g
Protein 10g 20%
http://boarshead.com/products/detail/11018-sweet-slice-brand-boneless-smoked-ham





Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries

Lightly seasoned with sea salt, these Julienne Fries make your everyday French fry wonder where it
went wrong.

Ingredients: Organic Potatoes, Organic Canola Oil and/or Organic Sunflower Oil and/or Organic Safflower Oil, Sea Salt, Citric Acid.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 3 oz (84 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 120
Calories from Fat 36
Total Fat 4g 6%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 200mg 8%
Potassium 310mg 9%
Carbohydrates 18g 6%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 0g
Protein 2g

https://www.alexiafoods.com/products/fries/yukon-gold-julienne-fries

No comments:

Post a Comment