This week's Jennie - O Recipe of the Week is - Easy Turkey Samosas. I wasn't sure exactly what a Samosawas so I found it on wiki which said; A samosa is a fried or baked dish with a savory filling, such as spiced potatoes, onions, peas, lentils, macaroni, noodles or minced meat. Pine nuts can also be added. There you have it! This one is made using JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey, several Spices and Eggroll Wrappers. You can find this recipe at the Jennie - O website along with all the other delicious and healthy recipes at the site. Enjoy and Make the Switch in 2017! https://www.jennieo.com/
Easy Turkey Samosas
Samosas, made popular in Southeast Asia, are hitting restaurants across the U.S. and we’re not surprised. This recipe features a savory filling wrapped and fried crispy. Try them as an appetizer or entrée tonight!
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (1-pound) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
½ cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground chili powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
12 eggroll wrappers
vegetable oil for frying
1) In large skillet add oil. Cook ground turkey as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
2) Add onions, cumin, coriander, chili powder, and salt. Stir in cilantro leaves and cool completely.
3) Brush edges of wrapper with water. Place 3 tablespoons of turkey mixture in center of eggroll wrapper. Fold top corners over filling creating a triangle at the top. Fold point of triangle down and fold bottom corners over top of triangle to seal.
4) Heat oil to 325°F in large deep sided skillet or Dutch oven. Place samosas in hot oil, in small batches and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
* Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Saturated Fat 2g