Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Spicy Cajun Style Breaded Alligator Bites w/ Baked Fries and French Bread

Dinner Tonight: Spicy Cajun Style Breaded Alligator Bites w/ Baked Fries and French Bread




For Breakfast this morning I fried up some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, heated up a
couple of Jimmy Dean's Turkey Sausage Links, toasted 1 slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread, and had the morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Stayed in the 50's overnight but rained most of the night into the day. Cloudy and rain on and off all day, but still in the 50's but cold weather moving back in by tomorrow. Gave Mom a hand with the laundry and then it on to house cleaning. Later in the day I went through what Mom refers to as the "junk drawer". Started going through it keeping some junk and pitching the rest. I'll have to finish up tomorrow. So for Dinner tonight I'm using the Gator I purchased last week. Tonight its Spicy Cajun Style Breaded Alligator Bites w/ Baked Fries and French Bread.




I'm using Country Boy Gator – Alligator Tail Meat Spicy Cajun Style that I purchased online from Cajun Grocer. They have a great selection of anything Cajun you could want and more. They come Frozen and already Seasoned and Breaded.








To prepare them I pan fried the Nuggets. I used a medium size skillet, sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated it on medium heat. I checked the Oil
and when it reached 350 degrees I added my Gator Nuggets. I fried them for 7 minutes turning them over after 4 minutes. They come out Golden Brown. Love the Gator Meat, as they say ”It tastes like Chicken!”. It really does but it’s has a light sweet taste to it like crab Meat. I served it with the absolutely best tasting Remoulade Sauce I have ever tasted, Louisiana Fish Fry Products Remoulade Dressing. Man oh man this stuff is incredible. It has that hint of Horseradish and just a tad of heat. Perfect for any Cajun Seafood or any Fish.




To go with my Gator I baked some Alexia Organic Yukon Select Fries leftover so I prepared them to
go with my Burger.Seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. Baked them at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. They bake up beautifully and seasoned just right, excellent Shoestring Fry! Plus they are only 120 calories and 15 net carbs. I also reheated a couple of slices of Pillsbury French Bread that I had baked yesterday. For Dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with some Smucker's Sugar Free Hot Fudge Chocolate Topping.






Country Boy Gator – Alligator Tail Meat Spicy Cajun Style

Our farm raised alligator nuggets (a.k.a. alligator bites) are breaded or pre battered.  Best prepared by deep frying.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1/2 pound alligator meat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Louisiana Fish Fry batter, for coating
Cooking oil, for frying Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Serving suggestions: remoulade, creole mustard, or cocktail sauce

Preparation:

Fill a deep pot halfway full with oil. Heat to 360 degrees F. Coat the alligator meat with the fish batter. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until gator floats in oil. Remove and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve as an appetizer with remoulade sauce, mustard sauce, or cocktail sauce for dipping.

Our alligator meat is of the utmost quality.  We offer premium farm raised alligator meat raised locally in south Louisiana.  Whether it's alligator sausage, hamburger patties or fresh tenderized fillets, we offer the best Louisiana has to offer.
http://www.cajungrocer.com/alligator-nuggets-breaded-1998.html


No comments:

Post a Comment