Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Grilled Zucchini and Buffalo Cauliflower

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Grilled Zucchini and Buffalo Cauliflower





For my Breakfast this morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin and Scrambled 2
medium size Eggs. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Another rainy but mild day out again. We had a high of 56 degrees, not too bad for early January weather! Rain on and off all day though. Cleaned the house today, vacuumed and dusted. Then after Lunch I installed a new set of speakers on my computer. Needed these for a long time, the old ones rarely worked. Then I installed a new Security and Virus Protection and then I added more RAM to my computer. Trying to get the computer in top shape. I did not like being not able to use it all weekend! So for Dinner tonight I prepared a Seasoned Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Grilled Zucchini and Buffalo Cauliflower.




I love this Florida Gulf Coast Grouper! And my friends just brought me a fresh batch of them. 6 big
fillets of it. They were just caught this past weekend. So I had them in the freezer so I grabbed a fillet and let it thaw overnight in the fridge.











 To prepare the fillet I seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the fillet in a Hefty Zip Plastic
Bag where I then added the Zatarain’s Seafood Breading Mix Seasoning. Shook until it was well coated. Shook off the excess. Then got the Cast Iron Skillet out, sprayed it with a light coat of Pam Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Light Olive Oil. Heated the skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was ready I added the Grouper Fillet, frying about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Grouper is so meaty and flavorful. Love Fish, Love Seafood!




Went shopping at Meijer yesterday and found 2 new items that I'm trying for Dinner tonight. One

being Woodstock Organic Organic Grilled Zucchini. I've only tried Zucchini once before and that was years ago. To prepare it; it comes frozen, first get a medium size skillet and spray it with Pam Cooing Spray and add a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heat on medium heat, when fully heated I added my Zucchini. Stir - fried it for about 5 minutes and done! Seasoned it with some Sea Salt and Ground Pepper and served. I came very tender and flavorful. Another good Vegetable side to have handy in the Freezer.






Then for the second new side I prepared a bag of Birdseye Buffalo Cauliflower. Another easy
prepared frozen side dish! It comes in a steamable bag and to prepare it I microwaved it. Just layed the bag in the microwave and microwaved for 6 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let it cool for 1 minute and serve. These had a nice Buffalo heat and flavor! Another good item to have on hand. That's why I like Meijer, not only lower prices but the  a great selection of foods. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.








Grouper – Firm texture, white meat with large flake and a mild flavor. Extra lean fish.

NUTRITION

Nutritional values for approximately 4 ounces (114 grams) of raw, edible portions
* Calories 110
* Calories From Fat 20
* Total Fat 2 g
* Saturated Fat 0 g
* Cholesterol 55 mg
* Sodium 65 mg
* Total Carbohydrates 0 g
* Protein 23 g





Woodstock Organic Organic Grilled Zucchini

Pre-cut and ready to cook, these veggies are perfect for any stir-fry or a delightful side dish.

INGREDIENTS
Organic grilled zucchini.
Nutritional Facts
Serving Size 3oz (85g/About 10 slices)
Serving Per Container About 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 15 Fat Cal.: 0%
                                       % Daily Value
Total Fat: 0g            0
Sat. Fat: 0g            0%
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg        0%
Sodium: 0mg           0%
Total Carb.: 2g           1%
Dietary Fiber: <1g 3="" nbsp="" p="">Sugars: 1g
Protein: 1g
http://www.woodstock-foods.com/content/woodstock-product-description?p=4256301712





Birdseye Buffalo Cauliflower

Spicy buffalo seasoned cauliflower florets.


Ingredients:
Ingredients: Cauliflower, Buffalo Seasoning (Distilled Vinegar, Aged Cayenne Red Peppers, Salt, Water, Canola Oil, Paprika, Xanthan Gum, Natural Butter Type Flavor, Garlic Powder, Maltodextrin, Natural Butter Flavor [Maltodextrin, Modified Butter Oil, Salt, Dehydrated Butter, Guar Gum, Sodium Carbonate, Annatto and Turmeric {for Color}]), Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size1 Cup (94g)
Servings Per Container3.0
Amount Per Serving
Calories50.0
Calories From Fat20
% Daily Value
Total Fat2.0 Grams3.0
Saturated Fat0 G0
Trans Fat0 G
Cholesterol0 Mg0
Sodium420.0 Mg18
Total Carbohydrate7.0 Grams2.0
Dietary Fiber2 G8
Sugars2 G
Protein1.0 Grams

https://www.birdseye.com/vegetable-products/flavorfull/buffalo-cauliflower

No comments:

Post a Comment