Sunday, August 16, 2015

Surf and Turf - Crab Cake and Bison Strip Loin Steak w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Surf and Turf - Crab Cake and Bison Strip Loin Steak w/ Baked Fries



It's a warm Summer's day out there today. Lots of sunshine and a high around 86 degrees. I broke out
the Glier's Turkey Goetta for Breakfast! I love Goetta, the aroma of it when your frying it just makes your mouth water! I also prepared a couple of slices of Klosterman Wheat Bread and my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. After that my morning workout and a shower. Both Mom and Dad went to Church so I spent the day cleaning inside and out today. Had a few spots I had to scrub on the hard wood floor also. After everything was done I got the Cart out for a bit to enjoy the rest of the day. For dinner tonight it's Surf and Turf! I prepared  Crab Cake and Bison Strip Loin Steak w/ Baked Fries.




I've prepared Surf and Turf a few times but never with these 2 items, first time trying them both. I
normally use Wild Idea Buffalo but while at Kroger last week I noticed they had Bison items by Simple Truth so I thought I would give them a try. I had the Simple Truth Bison Strip Loin Steak in the freezer so I sat it in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare it I put a light coat of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on it. I then seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. i pan fried it in a medium skillet, sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray, on medium heat. I cooked it about 4 minutes per side, for medium rare. The Bison came out moist and very tender. It doesn't have the same somewhat sweet taste that the Wild Idea Buffalo does but it's a very good Bison Steak!



Then for the Crab Cakes I used Dockside Classics Premium Crab Cakes. I purchased the box of these
at Kroger also, and first time trying them. They come 4 to a box. To prepare them preheat the oven on 400 degrees. Remove them from the package and place them on a cookie sheet. Then I baked them for 16 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes and served. Not real big Cakes but meaty, well seasoned, and a very good crab Cake. It comes with a small container of Cocktail Sauce. 150 calories and 7 carbs per Crab Cake. I also baked some Ore Ida Steak Fries with a side of Hunt's Ketchup for dipping. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.






Dockside Classics

Seafood America brings the best of the ocean’s bounty to your table. Our Dockside Classics feature the very finest seafood for everyone who wants a delicious, easy-to-prepare meal.
We are committed to developing high-quality products that suit your active lifestyle. We also pride ourselves on meeting our customer’s needs—any of our products can be customized for private label.
Try all of our Dockside Classics and treat yourself to a waterfront meal—so good that you’ll swear you can smell the salt air—right in your own home.

Premium Crab Cakes – Four hand made lump crab cakes with just the right amount of seasonings and spices. Comes with our own delicious recipe of cocktail sauce.

http://www.seafoodamerica.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment