Sunday, August 23, 2015

Chili and Cheese Nachos

Dinner tonight: Chili and Cheese Nachos




Benn a very quiet day around the house and really the neighborhood. For breakfast I had a single egg scrambled egg, 2 Jennie - O Turkey Sausage Links, and 2 slices of toasted Klosterman Wheat Bread. Did my morning workout and went in and cleaned the kitchen this morning. After that did a load of laundry for Mom and cleaned up around the house, in and outside. A little too hot to get the cart out so I hopped in the car and went over to a friend of mine, he just recently got out of the hospital with gallstones (ouch). Back home and watched television for a while. For dinner tonight Chili and Cheese Nachos.



I didn't want anything real heavy so it was Nachos that sounded good! I used Tostios Multi Grain
Ready for the oven

Scoops for my Chips. I love these with Salsa or just as snack by their selves, they bake and hold their shape better than most chips. For my toppings I used 1 can of Mario Sliced Black Olives. Anyone that uses small cans of Sliced Black Olives know what a pain they can be opening sometimes. Not these, they come in a can with a pull tab About time! For my other toppings I sliced up some Green Olives, Mezzetta Deli Sliced Jalapeno Peppers, Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans, a few shakes (or more) of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and Sargento Reduced Fat Mozzarella. Put all that together and it’s nothing but good!




To prepare I preheat the oven at 400 degrees and sprayed a glass baking dish with Pam and layer
everything in. I opened up 2 cans of the Hormel Chili with Beans and heated them up in a sauce pan, as it was heating I added a about 6 shakes of Frank’s Hot Sauce to it and mixed. After the Chili was ready I added 4 tablespoons of Chili to the baking dish, then I added my Scoops (Chips). I then added the Sliced Black Olives and Sliced Green Olives, the remainder of the Chili, Sliced Jalapeno Peppers (Love These), and then top everything the Cheese. Then just pop it in the oven 10 minutes or so until the Cheese had started to melt and everything heated. Nothing better on a cold Winter’s Day than a big plate of Chili Cheese Nachos! Also had an ice-cold Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt. Mom and Dad went out for inner but will have some Nachos later tonight for a snack.





Hormel: Turkey w/Beans 98% Fat Free Chili

* Since 1891
* NO preservatives

Directions:

Stove top: empty chili into saucepan. Stir occasionally while heating over medium heat, about 5 minutes or until hot. Microwave: empty chili into microwaveable bowl; cover loosely. Heat for 2 To 3 minutes or until hot, stirring once. Careful. Let chili stand in microwave 1 minute and stir before serving. All microwaves And stoves vary. Times given are approximate.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup (247 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 210
Calories from Fat 27
Total Fat 3.0g 5%
Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
Cholesterol 45 mg 15%
Sodium 1250 mg 52%
Carbohydrates 28.0g 9%
Dietary Fiber 6.0g 24%
Sugars 6.0g
Protein 17.0g

No comments:

Post a Comment