Saturday, August 29, 2015

Turkey Bacon and Gouda Cheese Buffalo Burger w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Turkey Bacon and Gouda Cheese Buffalo Burger w/ Baked Fries



A little more humid out and warmer out there today. But still not real bad for late August. After a light breakfast I headed to the local Kroger out of Hamburger Buns and Ore Ida Fries. Back home did some laundry for Mom and  a little cleaning. Then I got our paper shredder out. I had a ton of old bills and such to shred and Mom had double what I did so that took up a chunk of the day. For dinner tonight I prepared a Turkey Bacon and Gouda Cheese Buffalo Burger w/ Baked Fries.





I had planned on having something else for dinner but a Wild Idea Buffalo Burger just sounded right for dinner tonight! So I had the 4 B Burger tonight; the Bad Boy of Buffalo Burgers! When I went Kroger for the Buns and Fries they were out of the Kroger Lite Wheat Buns so I tried a new one, Brownberry 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns. Really liked these! A little bigger Bun than the ones I normally buy, excellent taste, and very fresh.





 I used the Wild Idea Buffalo 1/3-Lb Buffalo Burger. I had it in freezer so I let it thaw in the fridge overnight. To start I grabbed a medium size skillet, sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray, preheated it on medium heat, and fried 3 slices of Jennie - O Turkey Bacon. Only using 2 slices for the Burger but keep in mind the Bacon Math, fry extra to snack on! Then as my Bacon was finishing up I took
another medium size skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray, along with a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and heated it on medium heat. Got the Buffalo Burger from the fridge and seasoned it with McCormick Grinders Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. When the skillet was heated and ready I added the Burger. When cooking Buffalo always keep in mind that it cooks and gets done a lot quicker than Beef, due to it's so lean. So when cooking it keep a close eye on it. For the Burger I fried it 3 1/2 minutes per side. I flipped the Burger 1 time and after flipping it I topped it with a slice of Hardwood Smoked Gouda. Gouda is perfect for melting on Sandwiches, good mild flavor and a Cheese that melts just right. Served the Buffalo Burger on a Brownberry 100% Whole Wheat Hamburger Bun, topped with Gouda already on it, then some Kraft Chipotle Reduced Fat Mayo, the Turkey Bacon, and finally Boston Bibb Lettuce. What a Burger, nice char on the outside and slightly pink and juicy on the inside with perfect toppings!  One fine Buffalo Burger.



For a side I baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, that I seasoned with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. Also had a side of Hunt's Ketchup for dipping. For dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.






Wild Idea Buffalo 1/3-Lb Buffalo Burgers

Prepare for a whole new level of burger. Conveniently pre-made into one-third pound patties that are ever so grillable. Dinner ready. Each pack is 1 pound with 3 – 1/3 Lb patties.


http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/a-la-carte/products/3-1-3-lb-ready-made-buffalo-burgers-1-lb-pack

No comments:

Post a Comment