Friday, August 28, 2015

Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Multi Grain Medley and Baby Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Multi Grain Medley and Baby Carrots




Had a light Breakfast of a Toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin topped with Smucker's Sugar Free Blackberry Jam. Not a whole lot going on today. Did some house cleaning and helped Mom with some laundry. Did some cleaning and straightening up in the pantry and freezer. For dinner tonight I prepared a Blackened Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Multi Grain Medley and Baby Carrots.





Some good friends of mine always bring me Gulf Coast Grouper and Snapper when they return from their Florida Vacations. I had one last bag left in the freezer so I laid it in the fridge to thaw overnight. I’ve got some beautiful fillets of Grouper to fry for dinner tonight! I rinsed the fillets off in cold water and patted them dry with paper towel. I then seasoned them with a bit of Sea Salt. Then I melted 1 tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Lite Butter and rolled the fillets in the Butter. I then added the Zatarain's Blackening Seasoning, coating both sides of the fillets.



I prepared them in a preheated Cast Iron Skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray.  When the
pan was fully heated, on medium heat, I added my Grouper. At this point turn on your Stove Overhead Exhaust Fan on, it will start smoking from the seasoning. Cooked it about 4 minutes per side, and it was ready! Cast Iron Skillets are perfect to use for any cooking but especially when you Blacken something. The Skillet heats up and holds it heat and the heat evenly distributes across the Skillet, perfect for Blackening Meats. This is one delicious batch of Grouper! The fresh taste of the Grouper along with the Blackening Season are a perfect combo. Love Fish!




For one side dish I prepared some Minute Multi Grain Medley. I love the Multi Grain, It has Brown Rice, Thai Red Rice, Wild Rice, and Quinoa. Now that’s a good combo of Grains! Plus it’s only 160 calories and 31 net carbs per serving, which isn’t bad for a Grain Dish. Then I also prepared a can of Kroger Brand Whole Baby Carrots. These are so much easier to prepare than boiling fresh Baby Carrots, and they taste just as fresh and good. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment