Monday, August 10, 2015

Pulled Chicken w/ Pasta Roni - Parmesan Cheese


Dinner Tonight: Pulled Chicken w/ Pasta Roni - Parmesan Cheese




A restless night last night, health issues on my mind. I go to the Dermatologist tomorrow to check out
this lump on my left hand. My Family Doc said more than likely it was caused when I hurt my finger when moving some furniture or when I hit it on the door frame while on my Hoveround Chair. But with my past history of Melanoma he wanted me to go to the Dermatologist. Just hope all is well. I just had a cup of Decaf Green Tea for Breakfast, not really hungry. After my morning workout I went to Kroger for Mom and stopped by the Bank. It's very humid out there today but some beautiful weather moving in for the next 4 or 5 days, high around 80 and 1 day in the 70's! For dinner tonight a new product, Pasta Roni - Parmesan Cheese. Tonight's its Pulled Chicken w/ Pasta Roni - Parmesan Cheese.

   

While at Kroger earlier I bought a Simple Truth Rotisserie Whole Roaster. This is just some of the best tasting  Rotisserie Chicken that I've found! Seasoned to perfection and all the Roasters are huge! So I got it home and pulled all the meat, sealed in a plastic container and refrigerated until needed. 




Then I bought something new that I hadn't tried before, Pasta Roni Parmesan Cheese. A product of
Rice - A - Roni, it's Angel Hair Pasta in a Parmesan Sauce with other natural flavors. It comes with the Pasta and Parm Sauce and I added; 1 1/3 cups of water, 2/3 cups of 2% milk, and 2 tablespoons of Blue Bonnet Light Butter. Then to prepare it; In a medium saucepan bring water, milk, margarine or butter to a boil. Then slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently. Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken. There's 2 servings per box. Nice seasoning and the Parmesan Sauce is very flavorful. I topped the Pasta with some fresh Shaved Parmesan Cheese and the Pulled Chicken. This makes one delicious Chicken and Pasta Dish! A Keeper Recipe and product for sure. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.




Pasta Roni - Parmesan Cheese

Inspired by the flavors of Italy, our Pasta Roni® Parmesan Cheese flavor blends angel hair pasta in a Parmesan cheese sauce with other natural flavors your whole family will enjoy. This flavorful dish is the perfect complement to your family's favorite Italian recipes.

What You'll Need
1 1/3 cups of water
2/3 cups of milk
2 tablespoons of margarine*

What You'll Do:
In a medium saucepan bring water, milk, margarine or butter to a boil. Then slowly stir in pasta and Special Seasonings. Separate pasta with a fork, if needed. Return to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium. Boil uncovered, 4-5 min. or until pasta is just tender, stirring frequently.
Sauce will be thin. Let stand 3-5 min. to thicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment