Sunday, August 9, 2015

Crockpot BBQ Pork Shoulder w/ Boiled Baby Carrots and Roasted Yukon Potatoes with Rosemary

Dinner Tonight: Crockpot BBQ Pork Shoulder w/ Boiled Baby Carrots and Roasted Yukon Potatoes with Rosemary




It's a typical Ohio Summer Day outside today! Hot and Humid, but not overly bad. Had a light
Breakfast and then my morning workout. I got my Pork Shoulder going in the Crock Pot and then gave the Kitchen and Fridge a good cleaning. Ran the vacuum and dusted, and cleaning was done for the day! Not much else going on so it was the sofa and remote for me. For dinner tonight I prepared a Crockpot BBQ Pork Shoulder w/ Boiled Baby Carrots and Roasted Yukon Potatoes with Rosemary.






I had been wanting some Pork Shoulder for a while. So while I was at Kroger yesterday I picked one up. I used a real easily prepared recipe for it. Using one of my favorite cooking vessels, the Crock Pot. To make this I'll need the following; Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt (about 4 to 7 pounds, bone-in or boneless), 1/4 cup of Water, JB's Fat Boy Premium All-Purpose Rub, and JB's Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce.







The night before I applied the Rub all over Pork Shoulder and sealed it in a plastic bag. Refrigerate
until ready to use the next day. Pulled the Pork Shoulder from the fridge, shaking off any excess Rub. Then to prepare it I lined my Crock Pot with a Reynolds Crock Pot Plastic Bag Liner and sprayed that with Pam Cooking Spray w/ Olive Oil. Turned the Crock Pot on High. Placed the Meat in the slow cooker with Water. Covered and cooked on High for 1 hour. Turned it to Low and cooked 7 to 9 hours longer, until very tender. Removed the Roast and discarded the fat and juices. Shredded the Pork; returned it to slow cooker. Mixing a little BBQ Sauce into the Meat for more flavor. Cover and cooked on Low  for about 1 hour longer, until hot. Served on a Aunt Millie's Reduced Calorie Sandwich Bun. With Coleslaw (Optional) and extra BBQ Sauce on the side. Nothing but a winning Pork Shoulder Dish! So tender and seasoned just right with Rub and BBQ Sauce. A lot of leftovers for some delicious Sandwiches!







For one side dish I prepared Boiled Baby Carrots. I used a can of Kroger Baby Carrots, just heat in a
sauce pan in it's own juices and serve. I use these all the time, just as good as fresh and easier to prepare.








Then for the other side I prepared Roasted Yukon Potatoes with Rosemary. I'll need; Yukon Gold
Potatoes (cut in wedges), 1 tablespoon Dried Rosemary, 1 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, and McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. To prepare I preheated the oven to 425 degrees F. Tossed the Potatoes, Dried Rosemary, Olive Oil, and Sea Salt and Pepper. Then on a foil lined baking sheet arrange the Potatoes cut side down and roast until fork tender,  about 20 to 25 minutes. Potatoes and Carrots and Pork, a perfect trio combo for dinner. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.





Crockpot BBQ Pork Shoulder

INGREDIENTS
Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt, about 4 to 7 pounds, bone-in or boneless
1/4 cup of Water
JB's Fat Boy Premium All-Purpose Rub
JB's Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce

PREPARATION

1 - The night before apply the Rub all over Pork Shoulder and seal in a plastic bag. Refrigerate until ready to use the next day.

2 - Place the meat in the slow cooker with water.

3 - Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Turn to LOW and cook 7 to 9 hours longer, until very tender. Remove roast and discard fat and juices. Chop or shred the pork; return to slow cooker. Mix a little barbecue sauce into the meat for flavor. Cover and cook on LOW  for about 1 hour longer, until hot.

4 - Serve on sandwich buns with coleslaw (Optional) and extra barbecue sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment