Saturday, January 2, 2016

Seasoned Haddock w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes





For Breakfast I had a Chili and Cheese Omelet. I used Egg Beater's Egg Whites, 3 Bean Buffalo Chili, Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, and a slice of Toasted Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. I could put this Chili on everything! After Breakfast I headed to Meijer and stopped by Kroger for a couple of items. There was one heavy frost out there this morning. Sunny day out but cold with a cold wind blowing all day. We might be headed to our normal Winter days. Back home did some light cleaning around the house. For dinner tonight I prepared a Seasoned Haddock w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes.



I had this trio of Haddock, Golden Hominy, and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes back in November
and really enjoyed it, so I made it again for dinner tonight. I used my last bag of Haddock in the freezer, so I grabbed the bag and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. I had already cleaned and cut the fillet into smaller pieces. To prepare them I seasoned them with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. The Zatarain’s Breading and Seasonings are my favorites. I love Haddock it cooks up so nicely and I love the flavor and how meaty it is.



For a side dish I opened up a can of one of my favorite side dishes, Kroger Brand Golden Hominy.
For those that has never had or heard of Hominy; Hominy is a food made from kernels of corn which are soaked in an alkali solution of either lime or lye. The corrosive nature of the solution removes the hull and germ of the corn and causes the grain itself to puff up to about twice its normal size. There is White and Golden Hominy, my favorite is the Golden Hominy. If you’ve never tried it do, makes a delicious side dish! Then I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Potatoes. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.






Then for another side dish I heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and Potatoes. I really like
using the Del Monte Cut Green Beans and New Potatoes, contains 2 of my favorite vegetables (Green Beans and Potatoes). For desert alter a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment