Thursday, January 14, 2016

Buffalo Sirloin Steak w/ Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Sirloin Steak w/ Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower and Cut Green Beans





To start my morning I had a Simple Life Whole Grain English Muffin, Turkey Sausage Patty, Egg
White, and Sharp Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich. Really enjoy these, just microwave for about 2 minutes and done. The Muffin comes out soft and the Turkey Sausage Patty is nice size and well seasoned. It's 200 calories and 20 net carbs. So after Breakfast I went to Meijer for Mom and myself, love Meijer! Wow what a difference in weather! It was sunny and about 30 degrees this morning when I headed out. We had a high in the 40's, so a very nice change! Found a lot of good buys at Meijer today, the produce and meat department are second to none. Back home Mom and Dad had went to see my Aunt so while they were out it gave a chance to give the house a good cleaning. For dinner tonight my favorite Steak, the  Wild Idea Buffalo 6 oz. Sirloin Steak. Tonight it's Buffalo Sirloin Steak w/ Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower and Cut Green Beans.



I rarely use Beef anymore, instead I use Wild Idea Buffalo whenever possible. For tonight’s dinner
I’m using the Wild Idea Buffalo 6 oz. Sirloin Steak. To prepare the it I rubbed the Steak with a 1/2 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then seasoned it with a sprinkle of Garlic Salt, Dried Rosemary, and McCormick’s Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. As the Steak rested I preheated a Skillet, that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray, on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added my Buffalo Sirloin, I cooked it 3 1/2 minutes per side to a beautiful Medium Rare! The Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks are just incredible. So juicy and the best flavor of any Steak, Beef or Buffalo, I’ve ever had. And this one is no exception!




I had a couple of packages of Cauliflower Florets in the fridge and had to use them before they went
bad. So I made some Buffalo Cauliflower with them! To prepare them I needed; 2 Packages of Cauliflower Florets, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 cup or more) hot sauce, and blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping. Then to make it is really easy I just tossed the cauliflower florets in the oil, seasoned with salt and pepper, arranged in a single layer on a baking sheet and roasted in a preheated 400 degree oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes. Then, the good part, toss the cauliflower in the hot sauce. I served it with Litehouse Lite Bleu Cheese Dressing/Dip for dipping. It’s one delicious and healthy side dish! The recipe and web site link where I found the recipe is at the end of the post.






Then I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans, Green Beans go well with any meal as far as I’m concerned. Green Beans was my favorite Vegetable growing up and still is! Then for dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse.












Wild Idea 6 OZ. FINE CUT SIRLOIN STEAK

We cherry-pick only the finest cuts of the sirloin. These sirloin steaks are a great choice for steak sandwiches, or steak and eggs. Cut from the primal sirloin, these steaks are versatile and delicious. 6 oz.

http://wildideabuffalo.com/collections/steaks/products/fine-cut-sirloin-steaks






Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower
ingredients

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1 tablespoon oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup hot sauce
blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping (optional)



directions
Toss the cauliflower florets in the oil, salt and pepper, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast in a preheated 400F oven until lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
Toss cauliflower in the hot sauce and enjoy warm with blue cheese or ranch dressing for dipping and celery sticks on the side.

Nutrition Facts: Calories 48, Fat 4g (Saturated 0.3g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 0, Sodium 400mg, Carbs 4g (Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 1g

http://www.closetcooking.com/2013/01/buffalo-roasted-cauliflower.html

No comments:

Post a Comment