Thursday, January 28, 2016

Chicken Parmesan Sandwich w/ Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Chicken Parmesan Sandwich w/ Baked Potato




I had an early morning Doctor's appointment so I had to skip Breakfast. I was a bit worried about a
health problem but it was nothing major, I'm on a prescription for 60 days. I always get a bit nervous when a health problem pops up, especially with my history of Melanoma Cancer. Not a bad day out today, high in the 30's and sunny. They say in the 50's and 60's by Saturday! For dinner tonight I prepared a Chicken Parmesan Sandwich w/ Baked Potato.
 






I came across this recipe idea in the latest issue of Taste of Home, Weeknight Chicken Parmesan
Sandwiches. Sounded good so I made my version of it. I'll need; Perdue Perfect Portions Italian Style Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts, 1/2 cup Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, 11/2 cup Ragu Pizza Sauce, 1 slice Boar's Head Mozzarella Cheese, Kraft Reduced Fat Grated Parmesan Cheese, and Aunt Millie’s Deli Style Whole Grain Mini Sub Buns. I only made 2 of these, 1 for myself and 1 for Mom or Dad after they seen how good it looks!






I had the Chicken Breast in the freezer. I laid 2 of the Breasts in the fridge overnight to thaw. To
prepare it I preheated the oven to 400°. Placed the bread crumbs in a large plastic container. Add the chicken, a piece and rolled the breast to coat. Transfer to a small baking pan that I lined with foil and sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray.



Baked, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Spooned the pasta sauce over the chicken. Sprinkled with cheeses. Baked 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese melted. Serve on the mini sub buns. This makes one delicious Chicken Sandwich! The Chicken, Sauce, Cheese all combine just right. I left the original recipe and web link at the end of the post.






For a side dish I had some large Russet Potatoes. I baked one of them and cut in half, seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. Topped it with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse.
 










Weeknight Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
1 cup garlic bread crumbs
1 cup garlic and herb pasta sauce
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
4 kaiser rolls, split

Directions
Preheat oven to 400°. Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time; close bag and shake to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. Spoon pasta sauce over chicken. If desired, sprinkle with cheeses. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutritional Facts
1 sandwich (calculated without Parmesan cheese) equals 509 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,125 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 50 g protein.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/weeknight-chicken-parmesan-sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment