Dinner Tonight: Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries
Started my morning off with a Simple Life Turkey Sausage Breakfast Sandwich. After Breakfast I went to Kroger for a few things and stopped by McDonald's to pick up Breakfast for Mom and Dad. They went to Church this morning after Breakfast. While they were out I did a load of laundry and did some light house work. It started snowing on and off about noon and throughout the day. They say by morning the wind chill will be around -10 to -15 degrees, BRRR! Had everything done around the house so I kicked back and watched some Football and watched a couple of movies that i had recorded. For dinner tonight my favorite Fish sandwich. I prepared a Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich w/ Baked Crinkle Fries.
I had purchased the Cod from Kroger and had it in the freezer. I laid 2 small fillets in the fridge
I also baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served these with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup for dipping. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.
Panko Crusted Cod Fish Sandwich
(4) 4oz. Orange Roughy or Cod Fillets
1c. Panko Bread Crumbs
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. paprika
1/2 c. Egg Beater’s
1/2 c. Flour
1 Tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* Rinse fillets and pat dry the fillets and season with Sea Salt and Pepper.
* Combine flour and both Garlic Powder and Onion powder then press both sides of fillet into flour for a light dusting , shaking off any excess flour.
* Dip floured fillets into Paprika Seasoned Egg Beater’s, allowing excess to drip off.
* Place fillets, one at a time, in Panko Bread Crumbs and lightly toss fillets until both sides are covered.
* Meanwhile, heat canola oil in skillet and place the fillets in oil and saute 4 minutes each side, or until fillets are heated through and Panko Crust has browned.
Number of Servings: 4