Thursday, March 31, 2016

Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili w/ Cornbread

Dinner Tonight: Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili w/ Cornbread





For breakfast I reheated some leftover Pioneer Peppered White Gravy and toasted a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread, love gravy on everything! It was another night of heavy rain that continued through the day. One of those rainy days to stay in and kick back. Which is what I did for most of the day, I'm in a huge Slug Mode. For dinner tonight I wanted a major comfort food so tonight it's Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili w/ Cornbread.







I got my last container of my Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili out of the freezer and let it thaw overnight in the fridge. Which also means I'll be making another batch before too long! I'll leave full details on how to make it.


It’s loaded with nothing but good things. I use Wild Idea Buffalo Ground Round (99% Lean) which is
the best tasting Ground Buffalo that I’ve found. The 3 Beans I use are 1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s Chili Beans (Red Beans), 1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s chili Beans ( Kidney Beans), 1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s Chili Beans (Great Northern Beans) drained and rinsed, Then I mix in 1 Red Onion (medium Chopped or Minced), 1 Jalapeno Pepper (Unseeded and Chopped), and 4 Cloves Minced Garlic. For my spices I use 1 Packet McCormick Chili Mix, 2 Cans (6 oz.) Hunt’s Tomato Paste, 1 Tbs Ground Cocoa Chili Blend (McCormick), 1/2 Tsp Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper (McCormick), 2 Tbs. Ground Roasted Cumin (McCormick), 2 tbsp Ground Cinnamon (McCormick), 1 Tbs of Cilantro Leaves (McCormick), and 5 Dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste (I usually add a lot more dashes!).



To prepare it I start by browning both packages of the Wild Idea Ground Buffalo. Using a large skillet
sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Preheat the skillet on medium heat. When heated I add the Ground Buffalo and all the seasonings and Tomato Paste, stirring often. When the Buffalo has browned I add from the skillet to the liner lined Crock Pot. Throw in a 1/2 cup of Water and put the lid on the Crock Pot and set on low for 5-6 hours.








Then the serious eats begin, comfort food with Chili! With the sweetness of the Buffalo combined

with all those spices and beans, it’s just hard to beat! This may have been my best batch of Chili yet, You can serve it many ways; in a bowl or mug and
top it with your favorite Cheese or Chopped Green Onions with a side of Oyster Crackers. Another way to have it is served on top of a Johnny Cake (Cornbread) or have a side of Cornbread with it. I made a Mini Cast Iron Skillet of Cornbread. I used Martha White Corn Meal Mix. For me Chili and Cornbread are the perfect pairing! For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.







 Crock Pot 3 Bean Buffalo Chili
Ingredients:

2 lb. Wild Idea Ground Buffalo
2 Cans (6 oz.) Hunt’s Tomato Paste
1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s Chili Beans (Red Beans)
1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s chili Beans ( Kidney Beans)
1 Can (16 oz.) Bush’s Chili Beans (Great Northern Beans), drained and rinsed
1 Packet McCormick Chili Mix
1 Red Onion (medium), Chopped or Minced
1 Jalapeno Pepper, Unseeded and Chopped
4 Cloves Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Ground Cocoa Chili Blend (McCormick)
1/2 Tsp Ground Chipotle Chili Pepper (McCormick)
2 Tbs. Ground Roasted Cumin
2 Tsps Ground Cinnamon
1 Tbs of Cilantro Leaves
5 Dashes of Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste.
1/2 Cup of Water
Shredded Cheese, I use Grated Dutch Gouda or Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese (Topping)
Oyster Crackers
Frank’s Hot Sauce or to taste.

Directions:
*Brown Buffalo in large saucepan on medium-high heat 10 min. or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add all remaining spices and ingredients except 1 can of the tomato paste.
*ADD to slow cooker and add in the remaining 1 can of tomato paste and 1/2 cup of water.
*COVER with lid. Cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours (or on LOW 5 to 6 hours).

*Serve in bowl or mug with cheese and the oyster crackers, A Tablespoon of fat-free sour cream, or serve with some home made cornbread.

No comments:

Post a Comment